Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think it will sell well for Ruger. I will wait for the rimfire versions, and will probably buy both. In addition to the LCRX, Ruger has announced a GP100 Competition, a stainless LCP and laser additions to the LC380 and Veridian Green Laser OR Tactical Light for the LC9(Talo)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just had my dealer order one from a large distributor, we'll see how long it takes to get one. But knowing Ruger they are already in the pipeline.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I will buy one. Period,
Why? ...cause I like SA.

Jim

·
Patriot
16 Posts
My only concern is....

If the addition of the exposed hammer diminishes the Trigger in anyway. The Wife's LCR 38+P has a great Trigger, the 22LR not so much..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will buy one. Period,
Why? ...cause I like SA.

Jim
SA is a good idea, accuracy is much better. The only thing is the spur will defeat the pocket carry. I wondered what else Ruger could do to the LCR. Another caliber like 9mm with moon clips was my guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
>>I wondered what else Ruger could do to the LCR. Another caliber like 9mm with moon clips was my guess.<<

That concept didn't fly the first time, so why would it again?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Picked up the new LCRX on January 20 th. to go along with my LCR357 and the DA trigger is not noticeably different than the 357, the SA trigger is every bit as good as i hoped it would be. The spur on the hammer is just enough to shoot SA comfortably and does not look like it would be an issue for most types of CC. When the weather gets a little warmer i will take it out to the range and see how it shoots.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm hoping that this takes off and Ruger comes out with a .22 magnum version of it. 38 special is great and all but I would really like a .22 mag :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, went to my LGS today and they had the LCRx. I examined it and was pleasantly surprised with the SA. Very crisp trigger and the same DA I originally liked from the previous models. Although I didn't go there with the intention of getting one. I 'pulled the trigger' and made it part of the collection.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Going to the range today to see what the LCR 357Mag(top) does vs the LCR 38 Spl +P(bottom) . All the difference between the two are on the top back end. Starting with the grip, modified slightly to accommodate the hammer spur. Of course the frame is different to accommodate the hammer too. Chamber is thicker on the magnum for obvious reasons. Will post range results later.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer got a couple LCRXs just days after he ordered them. Well done Ruger for having them in the pipeline so quickly. The 38 Special chambering makes a lot of sense for the initial offering but rest assured all the other calibres will follow. I have owned an LCR in all the calibres and my preference would be one chambered in 327 Magnum. Not only is it a versatile chambering but it would breath new life into the calibre. For now I'm very happy with my LCRX in 38 Special, just wish the weather would warm up so I can have a range day with it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts