The new LCRx

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Blaze, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Let see what you guys think about this little guy ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1387469566.896908.jpg

2. weblance

weblance New Member

I think it will sell well for Ruger. I will wait for the rimfire versions, and will probably buy both. In addition to the LCRX, Ruger has announced a GP100 Competition, a stainless LCP and laser additions to the LC380 and Veridian Green Laser OR Tactical Light for the LC9(Talo)

3. mag318

mag318 Member

I just had my dealer order one from a large distributor, we'll see how long it takes to get one. But knowing Ruger they are already in the pipeline.

4. Blaze

I think I got to have one to match my LCR 38 now :)

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I will buy one. Period,
    Why? ...cause I like SA.

Jim

6. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Very nice. Added to my list.

7. Blaze

My list was getting short, but lately it has grown and this LCRx sure seems like a good add

8. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Indeed. My list seems to grow exponentially as SHOT draws closer. Weird. ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  9. Blaze

Oh man that's right less than month away. Wow already

10. DrFootball

DrFootball Patriot

My only concern is....

If the addition of the exposed hammer diminishes the Trigger in anyway. The Wife's LCR 38+P has a great Trigger, the 22LR not so much..

11. RUT

RUT New Member

In my case the standard LCR will be out the door. Never was a DAO fan.

12. gatekeeper

gatekeeper New Member

SA is a good idea, accuracy is much better. The only thing is the spur will defeat the pocket carry. I wondered what else Ruger could do to the LCR. Another caliber like 9mm with moon clips was my guess.

13. RUT

RUT New Member

>>I wondered what else Ruger could do to the LCR. Another caliber like 9mm with moon clips was my guess.<<

That concept didn't fly the first time, so why would it again?

14. gatekeeper

gatekeeper New Member

Didn't know that was already tried.

15. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

Picked up the new LCRX on January 20 th. to go along with my LCR357 and the DA trigger is not noticeably different than the 357, the SA trigger is every bit as good as i hoped it would be. The spur on the hammer is just enough to shoot SA comfortably and does not look like it would be an issue for most types of CC. When the weather gets a little warmer i will take it out to the range and see how it shoots.

16. bonefamily

bonefamily New Member

I'm hoping that this takes off and Ruger comes out with a .22 magnum version of it. 38 special is great and all but I would really like a .22 mag :)

17. gatekeeper

gatekeeper New Member

Well, went to my LGS today and they had the LCRx. I examined it and was pleasantly surprised with the SA. Very crisp trigger and the same DA I originally liked from the previous models. Although I didn't go there with the intention of getting one. I 'pulled the trigger' and made it part of the collection.

18. bonefamily

bonefamily New Member

^^ Congrats on the new aquisition! We will wait for the range report... :)

19. gatekeeper

gatekeeper New Member

Going to the range today to see what the LCR 357Mag(top) does vs the LCR 38 Spl +P(bottom) . All the difference between the two are on the top back end. Starting with the grip, modified slightly to accommodate the hammer spur. Of course the frame is different to accommodate the hammer too. Chamber is thicker on the magnum for obvious reasons. Will post range results later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  20. mag318

mag318 Member

My dealer got a couple LCRXs just days after he ordered them. Well done Ruger for having them in the pipeline so quickly. The 38 Special chambering makes a lot of sense for the initial offering but rest assured all the other calibres will follow. I have owned an LCR in all the calibres and my preference would be one chambered in 327 Magnum. Not only is it a versatile chambering but it would breath new life into the calibre. For now I'm very happy with my LCRX in 38 Special, just wish the weather would warm up so I can have a range day with it.

Attached Files: