Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The .22 LR CCI Velocitor 40 grain copper plated hollow point @1435 no Hype.

CCI Velocitor is available of the CCI Web site limited to 10 boxes for $99.00 get your order in quick I did .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice report. .22s are good for home defense and the Velocitors will do the job. I picked up 10 boxes and and added 5 boxes of Federal Punch to compare it with.

Now I need another pistol for carry. My smallest .22 is my Mark IV 22/45 with 6 inch barrel.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice report. .22s are good for home defense and the Velocitors will do the job. I picked up 10 boxes and and added 5 boxes of Federal Punch to compare it with.

Now I need another pistol for carry. My smallest .22 is my Mark IV 22/45 with 6 inch barrel.
The only .22 LR semi auto pistol I own is the Ruger LCP II .22 LR Its a nice little Pistol and I am proficient enough that I carry it in my pocket , in 500 CCI Velocitor rounds fired not one jam or malfunction I keep it very clean and well lubed with Lucas Gun Grease. I know with multiple shots to the Torso Head Neck will put an attacker down without a doubt ! Fast & Accurate compact & reliable make a perfect pocket pistol.

Reactions: LMB

·
Registered
146 Posts
For the increased power I prefer .22 magnums although I do have an older stainless 10/22.
I have a RUGER Single Six revolver and a RUGER 96/22 lever gun in .22 magnum.
Maybe RUGER will bring back its lever action rifles.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the increased power I prefer .22 magnums although I do have an older stainless 10/22.
I have a RUGER Single Six revolver and a RUGER 96/22 lever gun in .22 magnum.
Maybe RUGER will bring back its lever action rifles.
I also like the .22 Magnum and I own a few of them both Rifle & Pistol .But I prefer .22 LR because it don't have a loud muzzle Blast , it has a very lite recoil and has a low muzzle Flash and has no blanking out of the night vision scope due to that flash. Even with the flash suppressor the .22 Mag still has a bright flash that blanks out the night vision , In my business of Nuisance Wild Life Control Operator Eradicating Hogs and Coyotes the .22 Mag will penetrate the Hogs Skull and will pass thru a Coyotes Body where it could hit an animal in close proximity or go into a Dwelling , Barns , Damage Farm Equipment or Aircraft ect. . Because of these reasons I don't often use the .22 Magnum or Larger cartridges. I am going to try the .17 HMR in the near future and see how well it will work for what I do , I Have killed 45 Coyotes and over 175 Hogs with the .22 LR and Have not had one to get away because the .22 LR did not do the job. Many of my customers never hear a shot at night because the .22 LR is not that loud so it don't disturb them at night. I may at some point purchase a sound suppressor for my .22 LR / .22 Mag , 9MM, .223/5.56 , .308 , 6.5 Grendel ,.224 Valkyrie Rifles I use several of these calibers for crop protection where there is no danger of hitting Farm Animals, Equipment , Dwellings , Aircraft , etc.. I often use the .22 LR ,9mm over bait shooting from a 25' ladder stand the 9mm performance is real good but cost more to shoot than .22 LR .

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Buddy Mark has modified some 40 grain round nose for hunting ground hogs he tested it for accuracy out of his revolver and came up with the perfect load for ground Hogs from 10 yards to 25 yards he scored these two ground hogs at 15 yards with his revolver and his modified 40 grain round nose ammo. Mark made a jig to put the bullet in and remove just enough lead to make the round nose a flat point the bullet weight is 38 grains after the round nose is removed so he removed just two grains he cleans it all up with a file and he makes them one at a time .Its a Federal 40 grain Round nose Match Target Load that is modified into a 38 grain flat point. He shot these two ground hogs at their Hole from 15 yards from his hide behind a tractor tire. A lethal effect regardless if the round penetrated straight thru their skulls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts