the first of my Rugers

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by Fireman22, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

As promised in my introduction, here is a picture of my first Ruger, purchased new in 1984, a Security Six .357.

After I bought it, my father liked it so much he basically confiscated it to use as his service revolver to replace his Smith & Wesson Model 10. Although he would let me shoot my own gun occasionally, I didn't really get it back until he bought his Glock in the mid 90's.

Attached Files:

2. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

When they first came out a fellow airmen and I bought consecutive serial number six inch Security Six revolvers. When he got out he asked to buy mine as a gift to his father. Understanding the sentiment I sold it to him. But it was a gun I have always regretted selling.:rolleyes:

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I also owned a Security Six...bought it used when I first started shooting from a friend at work.

Sold it and a Ruger P89DC to finance my OM Ruger Bisley Vaquero in 2005...

[​IMG]

4. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Shooter13,

That sure is a nice looking revolver. I might have to add one of those to my ever growing list of future purchases.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Yours too Fireman...!!

BTW...that Vaquero above is chambered for .357 Magnum / .38 Special...and I do prefer single actions.

Awesome caliber(s)...

Here's a .44 Magnum / .44 Special...single action circa 1982

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  6. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

7. gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky New Member

Wow, your Ruger is in excellent condition, considering it from 1984. You have kept kept your gun very nicely. I think I should learn from you. My Ruger LCR is only 2 years old and now it is looking very old to me.

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. The owner's manual for the LCR recommends Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black for touching up the finish. Used it on mine already, and I've had the gun only a week.

The LCR ain't pretty anyway; it seems to me to be a small fistful of 'practical'.

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

^^ Fistfull of practical............I like that. How true that is.

10. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Thanks for the compliment gunnerjacky but there's probably nothing I can teach you that you don't already know about taking care of your gun. The aluminum and polymer components of your LCR must just withstand use differently than the stainless of my Security-Six.

Great statement. I'm going to have to remember that.

11. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

You should add that to your sig line!

12. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Well, I didn't realize how clever I am. Can't copyright it now; RugerTalk has her paws on it.

:brickwall:

13. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

^^ see, ol' VT still got it! (Even if he buys the holster before the gun)

14. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

well, that holster hasn't quite passed muster; I'm dubious of the open muzzle end, and it doesn't stay in some of my pockets during the draw. Got me a Sticky™ that suits me better.

15. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Awesome.....

16. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Wow now that's a beauty!

17. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I have the LC9 and the Blackhawk in the pants holster stays put during the draw and re-holster. I would think they would have one for your LCR.:)

18. wardo82

wardo82 New Member

Wow that is awesome my first Ruger was the security six. My Wife got it as an anniversary present. What a great shooting revolver. My grip is a little different I will post a picture I just have to get it out of a digital camera I have that's how long ago it was as well. I wonder if the inside and or frame are really close to the SP101?