Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I kinda made a list, mentally anyways of those firearms I just had to have. I guess they'd be the "bucket" guns to some. Little by little I acquired them all, some duplicates of then even. HK P7M8, HK P9S, Ruger SRM, Ruger #1 in .300 H&H, Colt Police Positive Mk IV... One though always eluded me, the Sig P210. Considered one of, perhaps the finest 9mm produced, it was one of low production, limited importation and prices that matched - $3000+/-. I was content with not adding that final one as I couldn't bring myself to spend $3000 on what Id essentially have as a safe queen.

Fit forward to SHOT 2017 and Sig announced the production would move to the NH facility with slight changes and become the P210 American. With this a piece that's cut in 1/2. Looking at around a $1500msrp so guessing somewhere in the $1200 range - possibly less. ;).

Gonna hold out for the 6" model so it's a mid to late 2017 wait, but the list will be complete. :cool:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
That is a handsome looking gun for sure.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
The words that come to mind is 'sleek and sexy'

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
LOL I just thought handsome covered all the above.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Initially, they will sell for close to MSRP, no doubt. Prices will drop over time, but I'd be surprised if they went below $1200. The Legion 229 and 226 have been out for some time, and they haven't dropped, yet.
Sigs are expensive, and if it is a popular model, they stay high.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Just look at the grip on that thing! That's bound to fit the hand..... Perfectly. :Cooltu:
Hope you'll give us a range report and pics when you get one. :camera:

:usa:

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
A firearm should always have the 3F's...Form...Fit...Function

That one above covers them nicely...

{ Damn...now I want one !! }

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Initially, they will sell for close to MSRP, no doubt. Prices will drop over time, but I'd be surprised if they went below $1200. The Legion 229 and 226 have been out for some time, and they haven't dropped, yet.
Sigs are expensive, and if it is a popular model, they stay high.
Even MSRP is a good price. I'm pretty sure I'll make a verrrrrry good deal with this purchase. ;)

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Even MSRP is a good price. I'm pretty sure I'll make a verrrrrry good deal with this purchase. ;)
I've found that you really can't spend too much on a firearm that does what it's supposed to do.

On the other hand a guy could end up spending waaaay too much by trying go cheap...

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've found that you really can't spend too much on a firearm that does what it's supposed to do.

On the other hand a guy could end up spending waaaay too much by trying go cheap...

Have an connection to possibly getting employee pricing. Not one to necessarily go the cheap route but if I can save a few hundred dollars...:Cooltu:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts