The final "bucket" gun

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Blkhawk73, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Years ago I kinda made a list, mentally anyways of those firearms I just had to have. I guess they'd be the "bucket" guns to some. Little by little I acquired them all, some duplicates of then even. HK P7M8, HK P9S, Ruger SRM, Ruger #1 in .300 H&H, Colt Police Positive Mk IV... One though always eluded me, the Sig P210. Considered one of, perhaps the finest 9mm produced, it was one of low production, limited importation and prices that matched - $3000+/-. I was content with not adding that final one as I couldn't bring myself to spend $3000 on what Id essentially have as a safe queen.

Fit forward to SHOT 2017 and Sig announced the production would move to the NH facility with slight changes and become the P210 American. With this a piece that's cut in 1/2. Looking at around a $1500msrp so guessing somewhere in the $1200 range - possibly less. ;).

Gonna hold out for the 6" model so it's a mid to late 2017 wait, but the list will be complete. :cool:

[​IMG]

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That is a handsome looking gun for sure.

3. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

There's just something elegant about it to my eyes. Has a sort of old school design of class and style. The action...oooh, my. :cool::cool:

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

The words that come to mind is 'sleek and sexy'

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

LOL I just thought handsome covered all the above.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Sir, you have good taste.:)

7. hodge

hodge New Member

Initially, they will sell for close to MSRP, no doubt. Prices will drop over time, but I'd be surprised if they went below $1200. The Legion 229 and 226 have been out for some time, and they haven't dropped, yet.
    Sigs are expensive, and if it is a popular model, they stay high.

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Just look at the grip on that thing! That's bound to fit the hand..... Perfectly. :Cooltu:
    Hope you'll give us a range report and pics when you get one. :camera:

:usa:

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

A firearm should always have the 3F's...Form...Fit...Function

That one above covers them nicely...

{ Damn...now I want one !! }

10. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Even MSRP is a good price. I'm pretty sure I'll make a verrrrrry good deal with this purchase. ;)

11. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I've found that you really can't spend too much on a firearm that does what it's supposed to do.

On the other hand a guy could end up spending waaaay too much by trying go cheap...

:GadsdenFlag:

12. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Have an connection to possibly getting employee pricing. Not one to necessarily go the cheap route but if I can save a few hundred dollars...:Cooltu: