The Evan -- Sandy Hook Video

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by allenr, Dec 14, 2016.

1. allenr

allenr Member

A video (Evan) aimed at reducing school shootings has been posted to YouTube. I just watched it. I expected to see an anti 2A video. But that was not the case. What I saw was an excellent and well done message about detecting the potential student shooter.

I have posted a link to the video below. It is worth more than the few minutes it takes to watch. It gets to the cause of such shootings and the word "gun" is never said or implied as a solution.

If you watch past careful attention to the last few seconds for the sign of a possible shooter.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8syQeFtBKc[/ame]

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

That was well written. Kudos for making that and thanks for posting it.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep, seem we are not as aware of those around us , and what they are doing ,

We just wait for that bad moment ..

Good video.

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That was well done.
    I know I am not near as aware of things going on around me but I sure should be.

I have only noticed maybe one or two people that were checking me out to see if that might have been a gun in my pocket. Most people don't pay any attention to other people until like the video showed it was to late.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  5. allenr

allenr Member

Welcome to the club that most of us belong to.

6. RTAdmin

RTAdmin Administrator Administrator

I missed it. I kept looking at Evan trying to figure out what he was doing. It's a good video.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Allen,

Thanks for sharing that video! I like to think that I am aware of my surroundings but that is a false hope. We get mired in what we are doing, thinking about our projects or talking with someone and we just fail to recognize what might be in front of our faces. It's easy to become relaxed and complacent when we are in a big crowd and most are friends. We are not looking beyond our short horizons. This is a good reminder!

Tommy

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Same here up until the end I was watching Evan thinking he was drawing or writing about guns. I guess that was the whole point of the video. Yep I fell for it.

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Well done!
    Thanks for sharing this. Going to show this to my niece and nephews. They go back to public school next year.
    I caught at least half of the things going on with that kid. He's definitely who I thought was a possibly shooter.
    Surprised myself.

10. RTAdmin

RTAdmin Administrator Administrator

Well done then! I was oblivious.