Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been EDC my weapon OWB for many years, which is OK, but a little tougher to conceal than IWB carry.
I have never been able to find an IWB that fit my physique (pillsbury doeboy) comfortably.Positioning, cant etc, was never where I like it.

Soooooo I finally tried the Remora, and BINGO...I LOVE THIS THING.

Stays put , sticks like glue , wherever you position it, high, low, cant, etc.
After wearing it for 2 weeks, I have found that its best on me at 9 oclock (lefty) and a little high ride.(not while sleeping)

Its so comfortable I actually forget about it, and it conceals my new 1911 Sig soooo much better than my OWB.

Im glad I got it ....shipped $29, with full sweat shield, with Holiday 30% discount...Im happy,happy,happy.

I think some other guys here use this holster also.

Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sir, you have great taste not only in holsters, but the weapon is also first cabin. I have the same setup. I have had mine for most of a year. Very comforting and comfortable.

I might suggest looking ointo the Romora hide lineing, holster is thiner and the draw is faster.

Good Luck.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you SG, and let me welcome you to Rugertalk.

I cant believe after all these years, I finally found a VERY comfortable, and versatile holster. Its the greatest thing since sliced bread..;):)

btw, love a Sig also.

Jim

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ok, Phideaux, help me out here.
What the heck is holding that iwb where it's supposed to be held?
I don't see any hooks, clamps, whatever's.
Does it simply adhere to my fat molecules (and I've got those in spades)?
How the heck do it stay?

You know I could get my lazy butt on guggle but it's easier for you to just tell me. :D

Oh. And Damn you. Just Damn you for carrying that beautiful Sig 1911.
I'll just have to continue carrying my P239, sniff, sniff, for now.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I was skeptical too.

For $29 on sale ,with full sweat shield, shipped, I decided to go with it.

Best way of carrying Ive eever had.

I dont know if its simulated or real Remora fish skin, but with slight pressure from belt/waistband , it sticks like glue.

The gun is snug and the holster stays at position/cant/placement all day. Whether bending,sitting, walking. I wear it shallow(high ride) at 8-8:30 (lefty) and I sometimes forget its there.

It is the most comfortable Ive ever carried.
Im gonna order one for my Bulldog .44 special.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
This looks like just what I need also. Got my colt defending coming in less than a week and looking for something extra comfortable besides leather that won't scratch my finish.. This could be perfect

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This looks like just what I need also. Got my colt defending coming in less than a week and looking for something extra comfortable besides leather that won't scratch my finish.. This could be perfect
My Sig is about the same size and weight as the Defender. These are not tiny micro pistols, and they conceal VERY,VERY easy in the Remora.
I have never worn a holster IWB, that was as comfortable as this Remora.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
My Sig is about the same size and weight as the Defender. These are not tiny micro pistols, and they conceal VERY,VERY easy in the Remora.

I have never worn a holster IWB, that was as comfortable as this Remora.

Jim
I am already looking at some to purchase. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Phideaux, just an update. I recieved my new holster from Romora. This one is for my Sig P250 .40 with laser. The holster is made primarily for OWB,but due to the design and outer skin I could tuck it in if the need is there.

All and all another great holster.

Good Luck

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use their competition Sticky Holster. Its a weird system, but they work. I did loose my gun once in running shorts walking the dog. (Early morning no one around....NO BIGGIE !) I use this style only in jeans with a cheap belt at least. One neat trick i learned was you can tilt the handle of your firearm almost into your pants . It will become totally invisible. I did this at a party, till my neighbor decided the discussion was conceal carry, so he made me model my Ruger in it's Sticky Holster.
Remora makes a great product and they always have a special going.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts