The devil made me do it!

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Tommycourt, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Today I was going to put tags on the 66 T-Bird convertible I am fixing up to sale. I was driving down the road to a place where you can buy license plate tags, but it was closed. 2 doors down was a gun store so I thought briefly and then proceeded to just LOOK! Low and behold the had an SR1911LW commander in 9mm. I asked to look at it and I fondled it and returned to the sales person. I asked him how he got it because even though they are made 90 miles away from me, you can't find them. He said that he is getting rid of all his handguns and going to specialize just in Glocks. He then told me that he would sell it to me at his cost and showed me his invoice. I left and went to get my license plate tags at another store and all the while thought about the SR1911. I already have a Colt Combat 9mm (all steel) from the late 60's. As I drove back towards home, lightning started striking, ground started to rumble, thunder began booming and then I realized that I AM POSSESSED! My hands started to tremble, my thoughts got confused, my eyes got cloudy and magically I drove into the gun store and bought the SR1911LW 9mm. I didn't do it on my own - the devil made me do it. It's just like Flip Wilson was there!!!!

Tommy

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds to me like you had Marie Laveau riding in the car, along with Flip.

They must have put a hex on your camera too....huh?

I suppose they told you not to let anyone know how it shoots either.....right?

Congrats my friend ....happy for ya.

Jim

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yeah the devil made you do it. That's your story and sticking to it. You are just like the rest of us..........weak natured to temptation in a gun store.

I would like to see pics of the T-Bird.

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I would also like to see pics of both the car and Ruger. No pics...didn't happen:D

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I can take some pics of the T-Bird but not of the pistol. Mama didn't know I got it for myself for X-mas. The T-bird has a new paint job (red) white top (new) and a white interior with wire spoke wheels. A buddy of mine got killed in an auto accident 5 years ago and it was driven then and parked for all this time. His widow finally asked me if I would get it running and sell it. When my buddy first died some guy offered her $12K for it and she turned it down. I was the only one she would let touch it because he was a close friend. I should be able to get around $28-30K for it as only 5049 were ever built. It is super clean. When mama feels better (was in the hospital again today) I will take some pics so you can see it. My buddy's wife wants to pay me for doing all the work but I won't take any money for working on it and selling it. He was too good a friend and he would do the same for me. Some things are worth doing and just a thanks is payment enough.

Tommy

P.S. Pics will be coming soon! I promise!

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Ok for you Handy, just ok for you. Savage taught you that didn't he? He ain't above doing a little yanking and either are you. I got your number now too. Just ok for you Handy, Just ok for you!!!

Tommy

8. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

See? I'm not the only one! PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

Tommy, I know that you're technologically challenged, but just think of all of your fellow leg-pullers on the forum just dying to see pictures of a gorgeous new ruger. Just think about me while you persevere through the process of uploading pictures .

I've been eyeing the sr1911 for awhile now. I got to shoot one back in August and fell in love. I think that might be first on my list.......

9. buster40c

Tommy I bet at least one of your kids can show you how to take a pic and upload it to the forum. Get with it man.
    I want to see pics of the T-Bird.

10. hodge

hodge New Member

Congrats on the new SR! You'll love it!
    More importantly, thanks for setting an example of what a good friend really is.

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

That.

Tommy has done this Friend thing before. Seems like a lot of extra work.

[ :Cooltu: ]

12. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This past Sunday at church, this lady (who knows I'm over run with guns) ask me if I would sell her husbands gun for her , as he passed away this year , and she knows nothing about bit , and don't want it.

I have it and have run it in the local classifieds.

Dang I hate to , but I may help her out by buying it myself ( that devil is at it), and give her top dollar.

I don't own one, swore I never would again, but this little baby is pretty nice,
    Only 5 rounds thru it.
    She has the other 95 rounds with it.

glock2.jpg

Yeah a Glock 27, 40 cal.
    The devil MAY make me do it.

Jim

13. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Haha! That caught me by surprise actually! I thought it was gonna be some gorgeous gun like you normally buy, but no! It's a Glunk!

14. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jim,
    In your heart you will feel if you are giving her a good deal or not. Some guys would take advantage of her but your not that type of person. Plus you might just ask her if she would mind if you bought it and keep it as a remembrance. If she is a friend, she may want you to have it. Besides, she trusts you and that is one thing that you can never buy. If she didn't trust you she would have never asked you to sell it for her. Go softly my friend and let your heart be your guide.

Tommy

Like Savage says it's a Glock and we know how some of us feel about Glocks but it's YOUR decision. Let your heart be your guide. I have never regretted doing a good deed!

Tommy

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  15. buster40c

Some people like them but I wasn't one of them. I chose the SR40c over it after shooting both.

I have had great results using Armslist to sell guns face to face. I probably have sold over a dozen with no problems.

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

pics man.....pics !!!

17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Nice Glock Jim...

Everybody should own at least one...

[​IMG]

18. hodge

hodge New Member

I was a proud Glock hater for a while. Then, one day, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, and buy one. My first was the 27, and it has grown into my all time favorite, by a wide margin. Love my Rugers, but that 27 is the last gun I'd part with. As a matter of fact, I intend to get another, and throw a 9MM barrel in it (which I have), so that I've got two 27's. Kind of silly, but this hobby is sometimes that way.
    I now have 4 Glocks, my 4th being a 43 that I bought on Monday. Doesn't help having a Glock dealer, who is also a friend, 3 miles from the house. He knows my weakness, and his prices are the lowest around.
    For the record, he also sells Rugers. I've told him to get some 1911's and American Pistols in the case, but he hasn't listened. Bad for him, good for me.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  19. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

The Glock 20 or 40 are the only ones that call my name......something about 10mm........

20. uscg721

uscg721 New Member

Have to agree with you savageGuy ... the devil has been on my trail about a Glock 20/29 for a spell now