The American AK.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Dispatch, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Dispatch

Dispatch New Member

September 13, 2004 was a time of celebration for gun enthusiasts. The Federal Assault Weapons Ban (crafted to protect the public from inherent dangers of collapsible stocks and widespread bayonet violence) had finally run its course.

Nearly a decade later, on July 16, 2014, reportedly in response to Russia's incursion into the Ukraine, President Barrack Obama signed Excecutive Order 13662, which stopped the importation of AK-pattern rifles from Kalashnikov Concern. And with that, the former Iron Curtain became the new Stamped Steel and Riveted Curtain, damming the flow of Russian sporting arms into the United States.

The ban has had a rippling effect on the global AK arena, and U.S. consumers most. But Century Arms and other American manufacturers are seizing this opportunity by increasing production to fill the void and create domestic rifles to satiate our AK and Com-Bloc passions.
    The next fews years are sure to be exciting for the AK and its derivatives. [​IMG]

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I was lucky enough to get a Yugoslavian Under-Folder before that import ban...

[​IMG]

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I REALLY like my Zastava also,
    Never ,ever , ever had a malfunction, and its very accurate also.

[​IMG]

Jim