Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife got this and 70 -44 magnum cartridges for my upcoming birthday.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sweet! Now for the f/o sights and you will love it. I'm jealous

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
"Thou shalt not covet."

"THOU SHALT NOT COVET."

Sorry, I cant help myself.;):)

Thats nice.:cool:

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Wow....that's one awesome gun......super nice......

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Het 3T,

Have some fun....try to get a pic of the muzzle flash.
Its gonna be a big one.:D

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Oh yeah.....love to hear a range report on the beast too.....

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have a ? Do you wear a glove when you shoot that hand cannon?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The gun looks nice but I don't think the name is very representative of the aspects we ALASKANS want from our hand guns of that size of bullet, namely range and power to take out a bear while we're on the river bank with a handful of rod in one hand and the gun in the other!:machinegun:

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The gun looks nice but I don't think the name is very representative of the aspects we ALASKANS want from our hand guns of that size of bullet, namely range and power to take out a bear while we're on the river bank with a handful of rod in one hand and the gun in the other!:machinegun:
No problem, I'm going to start calling mine the "Carolinian" cause their damn sure ain't nothing in this state it won't bring down. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
What do you recommend? I'd like to hear local opinions.

Been a recent debate on another forum about what to carry in AK bear country. Consensus was for short barreled double action revolvers in quick draw shoulder holsters. Longer barrels were to bulky and slow to draw if Mr Brownie is closing fast.

Calibers at 44Mag and over with favor towards 454 Casul and 500 S&W.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts