Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Product Overview
Self-defense isn't one size fits all. Punch™ 22 LR from Federal Premium® uses a first-of-its-kind nickel-plated lead-core bullet pushed at maximum velocities to achieve the deepest penetration through short-barrel handguns. So, whether you want to carry a 22 LR pistol as a backup gun, don't feel comfortable with centerfire pistols, or simply want to get more versatility from your rimfire, Punch makes the 22 LR cartridge a viable choice for the first time ever.
  • Maximum velocity for energy and penetration; 1,070 fps through 2-inch barrel handguns, 1,650 fps out of 24-inch rifle barrels
  • 29-grain nickel-plated lead-core bullet
  • Projectile profile and composition optimized for the deepest penetration through short-barrel handguns
  • Rigorous function testing ensures reliability
  • Nickel-plated case for ease of extraction and corrosion resistance
  • 50-count boxes
SPECS
Caliber22 LR
Bullet Weight29
Muzzle Velocity1080
Bullet StyleNickel Plated Flat Nose
Ballistic Coefficient.084
Package Quantity50
UsagePersonal Defense

Federal Punch Lives up to its claims and then someone no matter what the KEY BOARD SCOFFERS SAY !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, that is good news for those who choose or must rely on 22LR for self defense. Impressive performance in the videos. I was really impressed with how it is substantially better than CCI Stinger. Hats off to Federal.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that is good news for those who choose or must rely on 22LR for self defense. Impressive performance in the videos. I was really impressed with how it is substantially better than CCI Stinger. Hats off to Federal.
I would not say its better than the CCI Stinger , The Stinger is heavier and Faster and does a job on Small to Medium Size animals . I would say for its weight and Velocity it ranks with the CCI Stinger , But not better than.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would not say its better than the CCI Stinger , The Stinger is heavier and Faster and does a job on Small to Medium Size animals . I would say for its weight and Velocity it ranks with the CCI Stinger , But not better than.
I agree and should have better qualified my statement. I meant the Federal Punch is better out of a short barrel pistol than CCI Stinger. The Punch was designed to.be self defense ammo, and based upon the gel test I saw in YouTube Punch is amazing. It expands out of a 3.5 inch barrel. I think stinger would likely be better than Punch because it is designed as a rifle cartridge. Thanks forhelping me clear my own words.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would be interested in 100 yard shots on whistle pigs for accuracy and wound cavity making for a humane kill !
Hi I am not sure at 100 yards if 29 grains in enough but at 50 Yards on a Coyotes Head it was devastation placing a precision shot on a coyotes head.
Lookie here : This coyote was hit from a 25' Ladder at 50 yards the shot delivered to the back of its head. a humane quick kill. As far as 100 yards PUNCH accuracy it was not tested . But most of my shots are 50 yards or less. As a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator I only use the .22 caliber when I am in close proximity to People , Dwellings , Domestic Animals , Pets , Equipment , Aircraft . I have had great success with the 40 Grain Velocitor in these areas. No worries of over penetration or hitting anything else than intended target.

This Pig Below was hit with the CCI 4O Grain Velocitor at 100 yards over bait pile making a clean Humane Kill. Shot was place 1/4 Below 1/4 Behind the Ear .

·
Registered
49 Posts
The coyote pic reminds me of a sniper pic of a Taliban scumbag that was hit in the head at 1000 yds. With a .50 cal. Skimmed the top of the skull and split his head wide open into 2 pieces.

I will have to do a comparison between punch, velocitor and stingers at 50 yds. Do you think a 10/22 can take a steady diet of these hyper rnds?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The coyote pic reminds me of a sniper pic of a Taliban scumbag that was hit in the head at 1000 yds. With a .50 cal. Skimmed the top of the skull and split his head wide open into 2 pieces.

I will have to do a comparison between punch, velocitor and stingers at 50 yds. Do you think a 10/22 can take a steady diet of these hyper rnds?
I have owned the ruger 10/22 Rifle since 1964 and have shot stingers since they first came out with them in 1975 and have shot stingers up to this date with out any problems it spits them out with accuracy out to 100 yards but I have found the 40 grain Velocitor to hold the best groups at 100 yards to 150 yards then they open up to 3 inch s or more beyond that. Check YOUTUBE for a test that has already been done view the test s above .

Reactions: 40nascar
1 - 9 of 9 Posts