1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I always thought that the Bowie knife was part of the Texas tradition. Seems to me it should be that way since Jim Bowie died there. But I suppose that wasn't politically correct. Kind of like the "Stars and Stripes" flag. Since it's not politically correct, they all have to come down. Reason for the Stars & Stripes was due to the Civil War. Both the north and south had similar flags so the south changed theirs. I can't understand the reasoning as it flew for over 100 years and I never thought of it as being racial. Good thing the Dukes of Hazzard ain't on TV anymore, they would have to repaint all those Chargers they used. I guess history is no longer taught in schools.

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Next law to be changed should be the prohibition of silencers. I heard Texas was considering it but didn't get it changed as far as I know. I guess getting the $200+ fee for getting the permit is more than they want to let go of. Funny how the people can have something only if they pay for it

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Yee haw! Of course you should be able to carry big knives in Texas. Everything is supposed to be bigger there, right?

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Hooray. We can now carry any kind of knife we want, including swords.
Although it's not going to change much for me. If I want to carry a weapon that is too large to conceal it won't be a knife or a sword.
I believe the prohibition of silencers is at the federal level. Some lawmakers are working on a repeal bill.
I think it's called The Safe Hearing Act. Texas made it legal to hunt with silencers a few years ago.

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Correct me if I am in error thinking that in TX open carry of a firearm requires that the carrier have a concealed carry permit.., thus denying thright to open carry to about 95% of Texans.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allen that is correct. In order to open carry a gun the person must also have a concealed license to carry. I look at it this way, Texas could be a whole lot worse by being like IL or NJ or NY. where having any of a persons 2nd rights are practically voided.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts