Texas passes knife law.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Jul 29, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I always thought that the Bowie knife was part of the Texas tradition. Seems to me it should be that way since Jim Bowie died there. But I suppose that wasn't politically correct. Kind of like the "Stars and Stripes" flag. Since it's not politically correct, they all have to come down. Reason for the Stars & Stripes was due to the Civil War. Both the north and south had similar flags so the south changed theirs. I can't understand the reasoning as it flew for over 100 years and I never thought of it as being racial. Good thing the Dukes of Hazzard ain't on TV anymore, they would have to repaint all those Chargers they used. I guess history is no longer taught in schools.

Tommy

3. buster40c

Next law to be changed should be the prohibition of silencers. I heard Texas was considering it but didn't get it changed as far as I know. I guess getting the $200+ fee for getting the permit is more than they want to let go of. Funny how the people can have something only if they pay for it

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Yee haw! Of course you should be able to carry big knives in Texas. Everything is supposed to be bigger there, right?

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hooray. We can now carry any kind of knife we want, including swords.
    Although it's not going to change much for me. If I want to carry a weapon that is too large to conceal it won't be a knife or a sword.
    I believe the prohibition of silencers is at the federal level. Some lawmakers are working on a repeal bill.
    I think it's called The Safe Hearing Act. Texas made it legal to hunt with silencers a few years ago.

:GadsdenFlag:

6. allenr

allenr Member

Correct me if I am in error thinking that in TX open carry of a firearm requires that the carrier have a concealed carry permit.., thus denying thright to open carry to about 95% of Texans.

7. buster40c

Allen that is correct. In order to open carry a gun the person must also have a concealed license to carry. I look at it this way, Texas could be a whole lot worse by being like IL or NJ or NY. where having any of a persons 2nd rights are practically voided.

8. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWl8EbNN8NM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWl8EbNN8NM[/ame]