Texas TEXAS Members Sound Off

Discussion in 'South Central USA' started by JimThornTX, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Madmikeee

Madmikeee New Member

Pancho sounds like we were in San Marcos about the same time. Hung out at Cheatam Street Warehouse for that $1 a pitcher for Pearl during the day. Bought Shiner Bock by the keg because it was cheaper than even Pearl! :p
    But yeah, time is a beeeetch. :/

:D

2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Active Member

Yeah, I remember a few places we would go for buck pitchers. Bunch of bars opened up right across the street from the girls dorm at the bottom of hte hill. Everyone was at happy hour by lunch time and ditch class to drink, or hung over from the night before, or still drunk. No one had a glass at all. Just hand them a five and get 5 pitchers and drink from the pitcher. The drinking age had been lowered for a few years and everybody was wasted......on whatever. Saw alot of wrecks on I35 from San Anto to Austin. Lotta kids. Just one long party and still is. We would even do LONE STAR beer if it was free.

Use to get kegs and take them down to the train trestle down the river at the old park. Had the island in the river where all the girls would sunbath topless. Not as good as "Hippie Hollow" in Austin, but good enough. And if we got drunk enough, we would jump off the train trestle.

Use to hit a place called "Mother Earth" alot in Austin and get wasted at some place called the "Boar's Head" that might have been on 6th street. Partied in Wimberly, Budda, and New Braunsfels. alot.

3. Saber6

Saber6 New Member

Fredericksburg in da hills.

4. txoldie

txoldie New Member

Here in Belton TX

5. eclmn

eclmn New Member

Liberty Hill, where the toll road is moving more people out to my area, going east of 35 to find a new patch of dirt.

6. zcummins23

zcummins23 New Member

7. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

When stationed at Kelly AFB, I checked out that Fredericksburg area, really liked it. Wanted to retire their but wife says to many of our grandkids here in Tucson.:rolleyes:

8. zcummins23

zcummins23 New Member

Anybody in the south houston area know of anywhere decent to shoot at!? Longer than 100yds?

9. Madmikeee

Madmikeee New Member

You may give Clear Creek Gun Range a try. They have a 25,50,100, & 200 yd ranges.

10. Manster

Manster New Member

Grand Prairie - Just next door to Arlington