Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabagun just sent me a email that TCP in stock for $157.01. Good price for pocket gun. Like my Custom better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buster, I have one, thus far shoots good. Like the LCP, it is not a range gun. Not a fun gun to shoot due to size. I put a hogue grip on it, which makes it easier to grip. Was my backup until I got my LCP Custom. It gets pretty good reviews, my friend likes his. Got a long trigger pull, but mine always goes bang so far. Price is right. I have a Taurus PT111 G2 which shoots great. Don't plan on getting rid of either.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I had a PT738 TCP BSS. That's a mouthful ain't it!
I wanted the LCP, like my brothers and father carried. I chose the TCP because it had a better trigger and last round bolt hold open.

Firing the TCP found a few other advantages. First, it did not have the LCP sting. Yes it's snappy, but it doesn't hurt to shoot.

Second, it's very accurate. Out to about 10 yards anyway. After that the sights, or lack thereof, hinder it. To my eyes the sights made a little blob on top of the slide, but put that blob on what you wanted to shoot and it got shot.

Third, the slide was very easy to rack.

I am a revolver man at heart. Don't trust Semiautomatic. I require 500 trouble free rounds before I carry one. Then I shoot my carry guns weekly. At least the rounds I have on my person, oftentimes more. The TCP passed with flying colors. I'm sure there was a malfunction, but I honestly can't remember one. It did like to rain spent brass on my head and shoulders though.

I quit carrying it because it started dropping magazines. This was after it was carried enough that the black slide had turned silver and countless rounds had been sent through it. Just after Taurus stopped selling parts for the only pistol they sold parts for.

I sold it with full disclosure for $100. It's being sent to Miami with the hopes it will be replaced with the Spectrum, which is the TCP's replacement. But if it comes back repaired the buyer will be happy.

Prices on subcompact 380's are very low right now. I guess the market must be saturated.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts