TCM 22 little big dog.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by buster40c, Oct 1, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The TCM 22 is one hot little impressive round without the recoil. Pricing around $.35 per round. For a 22 caliber this is no slouch even for self defense carry. RIA has it in rifle and 1911 style handgun. The rifles cost under $400 and the handguns are around $600.
    For the ladies or folks that have trouble with pulling a heavy pull slide this could be their answer while still having a lot of fire power. The slide can be moved back with one finger. Also for those that don't like heavy recoil this steps up for that also. Yep this is a little dog with a big bite but only on the muzzle end.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9U66OzkAw[/ame]
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KTvDbWdv0s[/ame]
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzBuznJHCM[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Yep. I got to play with the Rock island in 22 tcm. It was fun, but loud!!

3. buster40c

They say it is loud and in the videos it sure did sound very loud.

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Assuming my Major Hoople persona, I say:

The cartridge - and its gun - needs another source besides RIA.

It is not an unalloyed success as a handgun cartridge', maybe because it's a hot bottleneck rifle cartridge.

In order to have a real 'reason-to-exist' as a rifle cartridge, the rifle must be compact in the same manner, to a similar degree. Otherwise, how does it improve on the .223?

Harumph.

Fap!

5. buster40c

I imagine the 223 ammo is also less costly and much more available. So VT you have a good point. But like everything else in guns they have to keep bringing out new variations, aka latest and greatest on the block to keep sales moving.
    botta boom!

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

It really doesn't.
    In rifle form.
    In a handgun, it allows the bullet to actually get up to around 2900 fps (depending on bullet weight) in a 5" barrel. If you shot a 223 in a 5" barrel, it really would only be a slightly improved .22 LR. That means it's using faster powder. So it's an improvement in handgun performance, but not in rifle. Especially a bolt action. What would you use a bolt action 22 tcm for? I imagine that they offer the rifle version so you can have cartridge compatibilty or something.

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Good points, SG.

Re Major Hoople, do you remember him? Seems like you are way too young.

8. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

I got my RIA 22TCm a couple of weeks ago. Have shot 100 rds thru it and every time I pull the trigger I am amazed by the power and fireball that comes out of the barrel but yet hardly any recoil. Its true Armscor is the only one that makes ammo for it but I have found some online for around 19 bucks a box. They actually have two different kinds Armscor USA and Armscor Precision with the Precision being a couple bucks more. Some say it is more reliable but I haven't tried any as I have not had any problems with the USA brand.

Attached Files:

9. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Maybe we will see a semi-auto home defense carbine in the near future. Then you could have ammo compatibility with your SD sidearm and your HD longarm...