Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find the Ruger SR .22 So I opted for a Taurus TX 22 and I must say I was not disappointed this little is a Gem. I found it to be very accurate, Pleasant to shoot fit and the finish is second to none. I had so much fun shooting I put 300 rounds down range and not one malfunction in the Pistol or CCI Mini-Mag Target Ammo. This is a great firearm for training or Home Defence with 16 shots in the mag & one in the chamber. I would recommend the CCI Stinger or CCI Velocitor for defense. They are some of the hardest-hitting .22 Ammo on the market. At a distance of 21 feet or 7 yards, I can keep a quarter-sized group in the Head, Neck, Torso of the target without a problem. I now carry the TX 22 on my side when checking my Coyote & Hog traps for dispatching I did use my Ruger .22 Revolver for this. This Pistol won Guns & Ammo 2019 Handgun of the Year. But they were hard to come by.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I recommended that pistol a few months ago on a Glock forum and got shot down because of past QC issues with the company. Taurus has made a new commitment to quality, but is keeping it's value brand image kind of like when Hyundai started making decent running cars.

Taurus also makes a good 9mm CCW in the GX4.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recommended that pistol a few months ago on a Glock forum and got shot down because of past QC issues with the company. Taurus has made a new commitment to quality, but is keeping it's value brand image kind of like when Hyundai started making decent running cars.

Taurus also makes a good 9mm CCW in the GX4.
I have a TX22 and agree that it is very accurate and a quality pistol. I purchased it mainly for target practice. I also have 2 G2Cs and they are both very reliable. All three have never malfunctioned using many different types of ammo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Taurus TX22 is a great pistol with more features and better ergos than the Glock 44 (or any other Glock for that matter), for $100 less.

I've outfitted my standard model with the TX22 Competition Kit shown below, which consists of an open top Beretta style aluminum slide, 5" heavier threaded barrel, and clever optic mounting system that attaches to the barrel and not the slide. The pistol cost me $250 and the Competition Kit was $199.99 direct from Taurus.

It runs like a top and has been 100% reliable with everything I've fed it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just have the standard TX 22 FDE. It's a good shooter. Made in the USA !!!!

Reactions: DrewBone

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Taurus TX22 is a great pistol with more features and better ergos than the Glock 44 (or any other Glock for that matter), for $100 less.

I've outfitted my standard model with the TX22 Competition Kit shown below, which consists of an open top Beretta style aluminum slide, 5" heavier threaded barrel, and clever optic mounting system that attaches to the barrel and not the slide. The pistol cost me $250 and the Competition Kit was $199.99 direct from Taurus.

It runs like a top and has been 100% reliable with everything I've fed it.

I want to buy Competition Kit from Taurus. but they are sold out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I want to buy Competition Kit from Taurus. but they are sold out.
For weeks I made sure to check the ShopTaurus.com website twice a day for availability of the Competition Kits, and my patience finally paid when one day there they were, so I made sure that I wasted no time ordering one. I went back to the site the very next day to check - and they were again sold out. Apparently Taurus has underestimated the interest in these kits.

I was finally able to sight it in today, and I'm really liking the combination of pistol and green reticle optic.

It took minimal adjustment (5 clicks LEFT and 3 clicks UP) to dial it in, resulting in the group below...5 shots into a 3/4" dot @8 yards using Blaser ammo:

Admittedly 8 yards isn't much of a distance, but it was just an initial sight in. I'll be looking to stretch it out to 25 yards+, and I'm hopeful that the combination will produce somewhat similar results :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For weeks I made sure to check the ShopTaurus.com website twice a day for availability of the Competition Kits, and my patience finally paid when one day there they were, so I made sure that I wasted no time ordering one. I went back to the site the very next day to check - and they were again sold out. Apparently Taurus has underestimated the interest in these kits.

I was finally able to sight it in today, and I'm really liking the combination of pistol and green reticle optic.

It took minimal adjustment (5 clicks LEFT and 3 clicks UP) to dial it in, resulting in the group below...5 shots into a 3/4" dot @8 yards using Blaser ammo:

Admittedly 8 yards isn't much of a distance, but it was just an initial sight in. I'll be looking to stretch it out to 25 yards+, and I'm hopeful that the combination will produce somewhat similar results :)
I will check the Taurus website every day checking for the availability of the Competition Kit for my TX22.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The Green Dot show up better in daylight and at night as Green is close to the center of visible light spectrum at 532 nanometers Red is higher in the spectrum at 635 is nanometers making red hard to see in the daylight same thing goes for lasers.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am still looking for the Ruger SR 22 I want to compare the SR 22 with the TX 22. so I can do a fair and honest review of both firearms.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am still looking for the Ruger SR 22 I want to compare the SR 22 with the TX 22. so I can do a fair and honest review of both firearms.
I own and like them both; they have decent triggers, run 100%, and factory mags are available and reasonably priced. What did surprise me was realizing that I prefer the smaller grip module on my SR22:

The TX22 by comparison is a full sized pistol that's a pleasure to shoot, thanks to its wonderful grip frame ergonomics and grip texture, plus you can't beat the factory threaded barrel and 16 round magazine capacity:

Hopefully in the near future you'll be able to come to the same conclusions as I regarding both of these pistols.

:)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like them both I prefer the 4 .5 " on the SR 22! All the reviews are favorable when used with quality ammo. These are perfect for training as well as home defense. For the money, these are two of the best .22's on the market. Three shots to the Torso, Head or Neck up to 50 feet away will prove deadly in 99.999% of the cases. Recoil is easy to overcome, Low Muzzel Blast, Accuracy is Phenomenal. When used with Federal Punch Ammo 29 grain 1040 fps out of a 2" revolver, CCI Stinger 32 grain 1640 FPS, CCI Velocitor 40 Grain 1435 fps, CCI Copper .22 21 grain 1850 fps, CCI Segmented Hollow Point 32 grain at 1640 FPS. These are some of the best .22 LR Ammo for Hunting or Defense.

Reactions: nickndfl

·
Registered
502 Posts
How many rounds until they start jamming up? I used to get thru 250 in an AA .22lr Glock conversion before it needed a tear down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts