Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think they are good guns. I never had any issues with any of their revolvers except the M94

However, I sold or traded all my Taurus and replaced them with Rugers. The biggest obstacle for me was their customer service, or should I say customer no service. And it got worse after the CBC takeover.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Do a search Taurus 65 and 66 complaints/problem. Taurus had some timing and blown cylinders on some models. I don't know if these models were included in the problems.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I found this guntest review.
https://www.gun-tests.com/gunreport_detail/8068.html
On other searches the 65 had mostly favorable reviews by regular shooters. It isn't a Smith or Ruger but it doesn't cost near as much either.
I have two old Rossi revolvers M685 and M88 and both shoot like new though they are close to 30 years old. I have a Taurus PT92 that has been a good gun also. I was a little leery buying the 92 due to the Taurus 50-50 rating for quality but the 92 has great ratings and it sure has been a good one.

The bad thing about Taurus is they have a really bad resale value. But if you plan on keeping it for a long time then that doesn't matter. My Rossi revolvers sell for at least 50% less than the S&W 36 and 60 they were cloned after and actually made under S&W copy at the times. You might look for a used one on GB and see if you can save a bunch of $$ on one.

I am seeing new Model 65 on GB for around $380 -$400. At that price and fairly good reviews it could be a good gun to buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts