Tandemkross Victory Trigger a Winner

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by AzShooter, Mar 24, 2017.

1. AzShooter

AzShooter New Member

Today I received my Tandemkross Victory trigger for my Ruger Mark IV 22/45.

I had put a Volquartsen Trigger Kit in the gun and was able to reduce it's horrendous 5 pound 14 oz trigger pull to a nice 2 1/2 pounds.

The Tandemkross trigger is a flat faced trigger and should help noticing if the trigger is being pulled any way but straight back, reducing right and left misses.

It has an added benefit. My pull went from a very nice 2 1/2 pounds to 1 1/2 pounds. Take-up and re-set are greatly improved.

I had ordered the wrong trigger but Tandemkross sent me the new one as a replacement. Great service.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

wow 1.5 lb is like a breeze on the trigger and it is going bang. I have a feeling you will need to be very careful so not to have an ND.
    Did you do the replacement install and how easy or difficult was it? What was the cost and part numbers?

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I would be leery of a 1 1/2lbs. trigger. It just takes a touch on the end and bang. I take my triggers down to 4lbs. and that is plenty good. Although it's a bullseye pistol, I would be very, very careful. 3 1/2 trigger is good enough for any range shooting whether it be bullseye or range. I caution use extreme care when firing.

Tommy

4. AzShooter

AzShooter New Member

I don't have part numbers but from Volquartsen it's their Ruger Mark IV trigger kit.

Just replacing the parts dropped the trigger to 2.5 lbs. It took me about 1/2 hour do to the swap after watching the video a number of times. Hardest part was getting the safety back into the hammer.

Tandemkross has the trigger for the Mark III/IV 22/45 and a different one for regular Mark III and IV. It took me about 5 minutes to swap out the trigger. The hardest part was installing the set screw into the trigger.

This may not be for everyone. I thought it was too light but haven't had and accidental discharge while shooting the first 500 rounds. You can steel feel the take up and remember, KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT.

VQ Kit was $ 95 shipped from a dealer other than VQ. They sell it for $ 105 plus 15 shipping. The Tandemkross trigger is $ 44.95 plus $ 5 for shipping.