Talo Vaquero as a keepsake

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Boss99er, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Hey guys, just found out a few weeks ago that I'm going to be a dad! I'm super excited! Anyway, I thought it would be cool to buy a keepsake gun to mark the occasion. What do you know about the Talo edition Vaquero's with the 3.75" barrel? Looks like you can still find them for around 550-600. Would that make a cool keepsake/heirloom type gun?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Ruger Talk Forum !!

Congrats Dad !! ...I think the Talo Vaquero would make a great heirloom !

3. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Ha ha whoa....that's crazy to hear!!! We haven't really told anyone yet, so getting called dad seems crazy! And thanks for the welcome!

I found a couple of the blued 45acp Talo Vaquero's. Is there any reason a stainless would be better than the blued?

4. SHOOTER13

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  5. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Nice looking gun! I like the Bisley Vaquero's as well! I just kinda thought the limited Talo gun and birdshead grip might make for a better keeper.

This thing won't see much holster action. It'll mostly be a range plinker and safe queen.

6. SHOOTER13

Something like this...!?

[​IMG]

Sixguns HAVE to have a holster...

7. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Bingo! That's exactly what I'm looking at! Whatcha think?

8. SHOOTER13

9. SHOOTER13

Here it is in stainless...

[​IMG]

10. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Yep! The stainless is a little harder to find though I think. Supposedly they're limited run, but I don't know how many there are of each. I think whichever finish I get though, I'll get the .45 acp.

11. SHOOTER13

I think I like the Blued one better too...!!

Post some pics when you get it...Dad !!

12. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Will do! It's still between this or an SR1911......if I could ever find one! I know they're COMPLETELY different guns, but I really like them both! Also, the Vaquero is about 150 bucks cheaper!

13. SHOOTER13

Well...both are / can be had in .45acp...

14. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Ha ha, I know....but remember. Kid on the way! I don't want to give my wife a reason to hate me! HA ha.

15. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

Nickel plating was a big thing for a long time. Made for some very pretty guns. However, it was plating and wore just like blue would. Stainless gives you very similar looks but with less worry. I like the stainless look but thats just me.
    Congratulations on becoming a Dad! :D

16. Boss99er

Boss99er New Member

Thanks frogswatter!

17. Twodollarpistol

Twodollarpistol New Member

Just a thought, With the current political environment and all the gun grab talk, I would think the single action would be a safer choice and would draw les attention from the antis than the 1911. Both are fine guns and either would be a good choice. I think I would go with the single action. The fact that Im a single action nut has nothing to do with it.
    And by the way, congratulations on your good news and God bless you and yours.
    TDP