Tacticool 10/22s

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by bhale187, May 10, 2013.

1. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Lets see 'em

Here's my current 2 tacticool 10/22s

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looking good BHale !!

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Awesome guns...nice....

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

I absolutely love shooting 22s anymore, and the 10/22 platform is probably my favorite 22 to shoot. Looking forward to getting my daughter out to shoot the pink 10/22 I painted up for her.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Aint it cool, all the things you can do to a 10/22.

I love mine, just havent tacticooled one yet.

Love em Bhale.

Jim

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  6. giturgun

giturgun New Member

I need to find another 10-22, Had 1 but traded for a CZ 2500 brno bolt gun. Would like to build a silenced heavy barrel to have some fun with

7. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

My next 10/22 will be tacticool. Actually probably my next two, my buddy finally received his bullpup stock kit from red jacket after a year wait, I have been waiting almost as long for an email from High Tower Armory saying that they are now taking orders on the 90/22 stock kit they are working on producing.

So first a AR styled one, then a bull pup.

Can never have too many 10/22s

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

9. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Bhale, that's the 90/22 I was referring to. It looks sweet, right? I got on the email list last fall to get an alert when they actually can get ordered. I'm hoping to hear from them soon, but not holding my breath waiting which is why I have plans to do an AR styled one first with a Troy Industries chassis. I'm hoping the delay isn't due to an injunction from FN because it looks exactly like a P90.

Looking forward to trying out my buddy's Red Jacket one here soon. Ill give a review of how it functions once I do. Bullpups are hit and miss, it all depends on how good the trigger bar is.

I find myself coveting that takedown tacticool as well so I will probably end up with one eventually. Sounding like I'm going to need a safe just for 10/22s. :lol:

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  10. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

You and me both ;)

I didn't realize all that on the 90/22. I thought you could actually order one now and they were in stock.

11. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

My buddy brought his Red Jacket bullpup 10/22 into work today, I must say it is pretty sweet looking, and feels awesome. We are going out shooting on Sunday so ill take some pics of it then and let y'all know how it functions. I'm definitely tempted to order one up just after holding it.

12. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

So went out shooting today, got to shoot the red jacket bullpup. It shot really well, makes a nice 25-50 yard plinker.

Attached Files:

13. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

How did the trigger compare to a stock 10/22 trigger?

Do they have a button safety?

14. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

The trigger itself is different, but it breaks like a standard 10/22. By different I mean it has the safety trigger ala Glocks and the sr pistols. There is no access to the button safety which I'm sure is why they have the safety trigger, there is also a lever in the trigger guard that is another safety. You can see it in the picture, it swings down to fill the trigger guard and pushes forward for firing.

15. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

cool, so obviously its not an excessively gritty trigger pull I take it.

I might have to add it back into my choices for next plinker set up.

Thanks for the review

16. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

No, not gritty at all. I was surprised at how good the trigger was actually, the trigger bar from the kit comes with a cam to adjust for any issues (over travel, yadda yadda). It broke crisp and predictably and rest fine. Mag release button is on the bottom of the stock, and right where your thumb goes to instinctively when grabbing the magazine. Even has a charging handle on top (underneath the carry handle).

Price is on the steep side at $300 but it's a build quality is top notch.

Best part, with the receiver back by your cheek you can actually smell the gun powder smell that is usually missing from a standard layout.

17. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

No one else have any tacticcol 10/22s they want to share?

18. BamaFan

BamaFan New Member

Here is my 10/22 I-tac
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

looks great, what's the optic? Vortex?

20. BamaFan

BamaFan New Member

It is the vortex and its a very good one for the money.