Sweet new LCP

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by DanPop, Apr 30, 2016.

1. DanPop

DanPop New Member

Picked up my new LCP this morning, came home, tore her down, cleaned and lubed, threw on the Talon Grip and by then I was in love.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah! That love happens, I know.

I've been handling (read 'fondling' if you prefer) my new SR40c today, dry-firing on a snap-cap. Ruger says the snap-cap is unnecessary, but i want to get used to the 'cartridge-in-chamber' indicator too. Love, or at least an infatuation, is building.

:D

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new LCP,

Enjoy,

Waiting to hear how it shoots for ya.

Jim

4. louchia

louchia Member

Congrats on the new LCP. You will like it. Is it a Gen 2 or Custom? Either way, have fun. Great carry gun.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Is the LCP considered to be a 'pocket gun'? I'm not clear on either the gun or the preferred pocket.

6. louchia

louchia Member

Yes, it is considered a pocket gun. Can be carried in any pocket you choose. To be safe, do not pocket carry without a holster. I carry mine ,as many do, IWB. Very easy to conceal under even a loose fitting T shirt.

7. DanPop

DanPop New Member

So I got to the range today and am very pleased. Put 250 rounds through it with no issues. Huge difference in sighting and grip compared to my 9's but within 50 rounds I had it down.

8. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre!!!!!!! I have been checkig them out too. I have an LC9s that works well for IWB and in some pockets. However, I am considering the LCP for summer wear and only pocket carry.

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I was at the range today, got to shoot a guy's LCP. I would need considerable practice to feel good about carrying one. Didn't squeeze hard enough with the 1½ fingers I got on it, couldn't see the sights. There is a trigger reset issue too, but That must be easy to adjust to.

10. DanPop

DanPop New Member

I've had mine at the range twice now, first outing... Eh not so great. Second outing much better I was grouping 3 inches at 12 yards. Felt that wasn't bad for such a baby gun. I've been cc'ing with it for a week and feel comfortable.

11. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Change the guide rod and springs and accuracy will double. As for range time, keep it less than 30 rounds or risk blisters. I created my own night sights with glow paint.

Attached Files:

12. DanPop

DanPop New Member

Galloway Precision?

13. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Wolfee guide rod springs I believe.