Swedish Mauser Sporter .20-06 & Mossy .410

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Got these 2 guns in a 2 for 1 guns swap at the show on Sunday. Guy wanted a new style plastic and black sporer. no one wanted his 2 guns in a swap cause they are kinda old school. I hda a used .30-06 of which he wanted. So we swpped and he had to give me a C note boot on top of that.

First is a High Standard marked rifle. It was also marked Made in Seden on the receiver. H&S model "# is H-100. Only importred a few years in the mid 60s, it has that old school look to it. Kinda plain oil finished walnut stock. Nice blue. A delux model was made too. Bothmodels were only in .270 and .30-06. It is very thin and light. No recoil pad so it is a kecker. Adjustable iron sights. It is drilled and tapped, but unsure if it came like that or not. Old guy that had it said he had taken the scope pases off for another rifle.

Gun has a 4 roudn, fixed box mag with a detachable floor plate. Well meade little sporter. Just not real fancey. it is a Mauseer type, but the bolt release is not standard Mauser. Safety is not on the bolt, but on the right of the receiver. Very much like a Sako Safety. Fired it a few time with some handloads at 50 yds. It worked fine. Bore is like new. Couldn't barely see the front sight in the dim drizzle of a day I shot it. I did hit the pie plate at 50 yds, but the 3 inch group was nothing to brag about. So no pic. Maybe after the sun comes out I will try again off a bench rest for better accuracy.

[​IMG]

Other gun was a nice little Mossy Model 183, bolt action .410. Nice walnut with a perfect finish. No nicks or scuffs on it. Nice blue, little wear and it went bang just fine. Has a 2 round fixed box mag and can also be used as a single shot. Has a bead front and a poly choke type adjustable choke.

[​IMG]

2. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Both look like they are in good condition. Looks like you came out on top to me.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Those are good Rifles, your OK.

Like them "American Pickers" guys say,
    "Buy anything you can make a buck on"..;)

Jim

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Well, it was worth trying it out. Could have sold it right after I got it for 250, but decided it should bring at least another 50-100 bucks. Anyway, I got a local coming to look at it later this week. It is his kinda rifle and he has some Rugers that he doesn't have much use for.