SW SD9

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Better weekend at the last gunshow 2 weeks ago. People musta got some income tax refunds. Sold a little of everything. Lotta stuff coming in the door, but most were wanting wahat, they had paid for their guns. Well, finally snagged this one off a couple wanting to sell a shotgun for Wally World's price. Passed that, but the handgun was the same price, 2 bills. I offered a Pancho El Cheapo 150 figure at them. We settled for 175. Well, I had not bought anything and did't wanna go home empty handed.

These guns are suppose to be an improvement over the SW9VE and SW40VE. the trigger pull is a bit smoother and lighter than my old SW40VE. The slide has grooves for racking up front, some thining of the metal, and the front sight is drift adjustable while the older gun does not have these features. They can both be considered DA/striker fired and strip like a Glock. (Some history of litigation wirh Glock over features in the first SW mod F about patent infrignments, resulting in changes to the model F to V and VE.)

The guns have been completely reliable for me.

the SD9 on top and old SW40VE below.

100_0167 (2).JPG

mrmike7189 likes this.
  2. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Looks like a good buy.

I love my S&W revolvers, but have never so much as held one of their semi autos.
    I probably should do something about that.

Pancho_Villa likes this.

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Well, ya may want to try the newer SW M&P. The trigger on those is similar to a Glock. I had some of their older alloy frame guns some years back. A mod 52 Targetmaster in .38 spl wadcutter and a mod 59 in 9 mm.

Still have a half dozen S&W revolvers. Cut my teeth on my dad's service revolver, a mod 28. Iuse to sneak off with it when I was in Jr. High. It was hard for me to break the revolver habit.

4. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

I will keep that in mind, but right now, I'm on a CZ kick, so an M&P will have to wait. :)

robmkivseries70 and Pancho_Villa like this.