Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 10/22 tactical version with a nice scope. It has always shot awesome, until I mount a suppressor, then it shoots about 25 inches low. Anyone have any suggestions ?
Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
What silencer do you have mounted? Does it shoot a consistent group 25 inches low? 25 inches low at what range?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the sparrow, I tried it at 30 yards. I can’t tell more than that because it took me a bit to figure out where I was hitting, since it was off the board. once i did I stopped shooting

·
Registered
132 Posts
25" low at 30 yards after you add the suppressor is a significant drop and not normal.

I would start by disassembling the Sparrow and inspecting it for damage/projectile strikes to its monolithic core, end cap, etc.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree with DrewBone. A few inches at 30 yards would be fine but 25" low is excessive. My guess is either something was loose or I have seen drastic shifts in POI like that with threads that are not concentric to the bore.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm guessing there was no visible damage to the can. Do you have another 22 can or know someone that does?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the "can" shoots fine on other platforms, both a pistol and a rifle , then it is obviously not the can. That leaves the rifle in question and first thing i would look at is the "threads"? Are they straight, concentric etc?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts