Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory trigger on my super redhawk .44 is very heavy to pull single action. I have looked up the different trigger kits and am not sure which to buy. Has anyone had any luck with any of them?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
The factory trigger on my super redhawk .44 is very heavy to pull single action. I have looked up the different trigger kits and am not sure which to buy. Has anyone had any luck with any of them?
I am 99.44% ignorant on this subject (and many others), but...

the SRH trigger ass'y is the same design as that in the GP100. Are they in fact the same parts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they are (want a gp100 so bad) and i have seen the kits online for cheap. Maybe a quality smith can slick up the trigger for me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ben,

The trigger spring on the super redhawk is very easy to replace.

Wolffs Gunsprings is the first place that I always go to for springs. Very inexpensive and superb quality.

They have 9lb and 10lb trigger springs and you can get one of each for like $12 including shipping.

If after you replace that spring, (and there are many videos out there detailing it and how easy it is to do) you still feel like it could be smoother, then you may have burred or rough friction points.

This you can take a fine to extra-fine polishing stone to and smooth out any rough parts you feel. The key is to work just a very little bit at a time and not get aggressive with it.

Special care needs to be taken on the sears but really you should leave them alone if you have no experience with them. You must not change any angle or edges, you are just looking for any rough spots that is increasing friction.

For about $12, it is certainly worth trying out the reduced power springs seeing how easy they are to replace on the super redhawk, and you might find that that is all that it takes to make you happy with the action.

Doc

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive taken the redhawk completely down and feel very comfy with a spring swap. I was just not sure which kit was the best. Thanks and for the small expense ill order the set tonight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts