Strange Happenings in Texas? Not!

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by MagBlackhawk, Feb 9, 2016.

1. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Fox online news and at least one local Houston radio station reports.......
    NO problems in January with our new law allowing open carry of handguns...... Strange huh.

The anti gun crew warned of panicked citizens flooding 911 call centers with reports of 'man with a gun'...... Hasn't happened.
    And of course they predicted all of the other "problems" we'll have with armed irresponsible people running around with guns....... Wrong again.

I guess the anti's believe gun owners are as irresponsible as they are. No surprise, look how they vote. Now that's irresponsible AND unpatriotic.
    (See what I did there, irresponsible & unpatriotic). :rayoff:
    I could go on and on but I know I'm preaching to the choir.
    :GadsdenFlag:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ky has had open carry for as long as I can remember,

It aint like the old west , shootem up , around here either.

Seems, that is only common place in Chicago....hummmmm,

Do they have open carry there ..?:cheesy::rolleyes:

Jim

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

We've had open carry here in Indiana as long as I can remember too but I rarely see anyone carrying that way. There's 1 guy I've seen a lot of times in stores that carries that way but he's the only 1 I've seen.

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Open carry has been around in VT approximately forever, but I have only seen it during the fall hunting seasons, when no comment seems necessary anyway.

However :) this thread for some reason caused the notion of the horizontal carry shoulder holster - with significant retention - as an everyday open carry option in warm weather. Does that make any sense? Assuming that open carry makes sense.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Several years ago, (before the big bad gun scares) , lots of folks here in the KY boonies carried open with no thought about it.

Back then I carried exactly that way , a Glock 30 horizontal shoulder rig.

It was my farm companion, and didn't bother removing it if I went to town for any reason.

IMHO, it is the most comfortable and efficient carry.

Jim

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I don't go out a lot but I have to say I have yet to see anyone open carrying. I guess maybe I need to go to Houston to see if I spot any open carrying. Nah....... The places I go are only one block within the west side city limit.
    I have to think if there were any problems stemming from open carry laws in Houston then the news media would have jumped all over it so they could say "we told you so". To funny...some people also thought Texans actually still ride horses to work like in the old west days. People need realize the old west shoot outs were not common place even in the old west unlike what they see on TV. Think about it........how many famous shootouts do we read about in history of the old west? Where does the belief that shootouts were common in the old west come from? People in the new west are probably more prone to going whacko than the people in the old west and we still don't have shootouts except for gang related or organized crime. Go to Chicago ghettos where they have strict gun laws and gang bangers still have guns you might see a shoot out.
    I have heard from people that lived in Arizona that it was common to see people open carrying and still not one of those people told me about seeing shootouts being common occurrences.
    I guess it again just goes to prove the propaganda lies we are mentally pushed to believe are just that.........lies.

7. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

It is true in Arizona we have had open carry forever. You still see it but we have a lot of stores with the no weapon allowed signs. Concealed they do not bug you.