Stomach ache brew

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Jan 4, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I had a bad stomach ache about an hour after I got up and I had no idea why. After several hours I took some ginger root and boiled/simmered a sliced up 2" piece for about half an hour. Need to watch using to much ginger or it can get really strong to drink.

I used about one cup ginger brew with equal amount of cold water. It wasn't real strong but I could taste the ginger. I only had maybe 1/4 cup of the brew and within 15 minutes my stomach ache was gone. I then added more to my glass and added two teaspoons of lemon juice and one packet of Stevia. It tasted pretty darn good. Biggest thing was the stomach ache was gone.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I eat a bottle of Tums 750mgs. I got that GERD years ago and never took care of it and now it has eaten part of my stomoch and my esophagus. There are so many foods I can't eat and sometimes food doesn't even sound good. One thing: you cannot ever accuse me of being smart!!!!

Tommy

3. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I've been using apple cider vinegar, the kind with the "mother" in it. I fill the bottlecap, drink it, repeat, and within a few minutes my reflux is gone. It tastes like butt, but it works wonders on my gut...

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

GERD is fairly common in folks with a hiatal hernia. I had a bout with it several years back, after the hernia was 'upset' by a back support belt. Tums, and antacids in general, were of no help. Whatever my physician prescribed worked, but (hah) I don't remember what it was. Glad to be of assistance.

BTW I hereby accuse you of being smart.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Gotta be careful with acid reflux,

My wife had it , and didn't even know it .

That's what caused her lots of problems last fall.

They found a small hiatal hernia, then put her on Nexium ,
    She takes it every day and has not had any more problems.

Buster, there are tons of natural remedies that will help lots of ailments...wish I could get them all.;):)

Jim

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

There is a surgically simple but quite invasive fix for hiatal hernia, basically pulling the stomach down out of the esophagus, then cinching it so it won't go back up again. Not recommended for us mature folks though.

7. RTAdmin

RTAdmin Administrator Administrator

I use ginger for nausea. I just cut of a piece of the root and place it my mouth like I would chew and gnaw on it till it lets up. Better than anything over the counter in my opinion.

8. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I had a friend give me a gallon of that Aloe Vera on the condition I drink it all. That stuff cleans you out! As in lots of trips to the john. I kept my word and drank the whole thing, but haven't touched the stuff since.;)

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Did your friend bust out laughing whenever you talk about what that did to you? I know a guy that won a prune eating contest when he was in the boy scouts. To funny.

10. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ Sounds like the same type of kid that gets bet $5 he won't pee on an electric fence...and wins.

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Cousin Lyle won that bet too, only it was $1. Hey, $1 was significant money in 1950.

12. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

When my wife's stomach is upset she takes a tea spoon of Baking Soda in 8oz of water.

13. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Being raised by an Italian woman, whenever I had a sour stomach as a kid, my mom use to give me a tablespoon of this lemon flavored Italdose fizzy water. It worked great, and can be found at any Italian market. Now that I am older, I would guess it is just a natural type of lemon flavored Alka Seltzer. It always worked great.

Attached Files: