Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum Members: Does anyone have any history with obtaining a lighter pull on SR-762 trigger assembly? Have a new unit and trigger pull is rough and heavy (8 plus lbs). Can this be lightened or is there a aftermarket unit that can be dropped in? Other than this the unit performs like a charm and I have not experienced any stoppage or mis-fires during the barrel break in period. Thanks for your help in advance. McSwack.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Y'know, a pic or two would be nice. I've never heard of that gun. (Yeah, I know I could Google search on it... )

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Here you go.

Ah, thanks. It's one of those. ;)

Being both hillbilly and geezer, I like the looks of Springfield Armory's M1A SOCOM better for a .308, Ruger's Mini-30 better yet - except for the cartridge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are lots of "drop in" AR triggers, and everybody has their favorites. I use a CMC two stage in all of mine and love it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any standard AR trigger fits the Ruger SR and AR rifles. Ruger does make a cost effective AR trigger, the 452. Which has a 4.5 pound pull, and is a two stage. Retail is about $140, installation is pretty simple.

I put one in my SR762, and it tests right at 4.5 pounds pull, with no creep.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up one of the first SR-762's and hated the trigger. HEAVY and rough. Ruger didn't seem to care about fixing it and I had tried the dry fire routine till my fingers hurt. My fix was a KAC 2 stage SR15 trigger used from M4Carbine forum's Equipment Exchange. Could not be happier!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts