Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those that have had enough of the heat and can't wait for winter to come you better start chopping wood for this winter. The Farmers Almanac is predicting extremely harsh cold weather this winter for the great lakes region, the Midwest and the Eastern portions of the country. I am liking the report that the Western states might experience a mild winter. Ya Hoo!
Okay SH get your long johns ready and get a good wood pile going.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/17/farmers-almanac-forecasts-ice-cold-winter-in-2016/?print=1

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Ha!
I got enough wood cut,
just gotta get some time to get a bunch of it split and stacked.

Let the cold begin...I'm ready.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Less cyentifik outfits like the Weather Service are going for a winter in the Northeast colder than last year but milder than average. OK with me.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ I agree.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Right now I am ready for winter here in Az. This year we set all kinds of heat records. 61 days of 115 degrees +. You can dress for the cold but you can't for the heat. Our winters are usually mild unless we get a frost which we seem to usually do. I can feel for you people who get freezing cold and snow, this old body won't take that any more.

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I can remove all but my fig leaf without getting arrested and stay somewhat cooler in the summer. The neighbors might go blind seeing my 65 year old drooping keg abs.
Maybe this winter I will wear my leather jacket and chaps to keep the cold wind out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
All that we heat with is wood, and I'm ready. I love it, too. Feels great, no power necessary, and it's free- between family land and neighbors, we can't keep up with all of the dead and down trees. Basically, we heat for the cost of fuel, oil, and chains for the saw.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Yep , and in a few months Ill be complaining about burning too much wood...

And asking for summer to begin.

Change with the times man :D

jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep we want what we had then complain when we get it.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Think about how boring it would be....if nothing ever changed.:rolleyes::eek:

Jim

·
Registered
436 Posts
Can't wait! While it can be a bit of an annoyance and some added work (have a 500' driveway to snowplow) the rewards after that are worth it. Got a pair of Yamaha's just waiting to come out of hibernation and hit the trails.

Funny, in a sad way, how many whine and complain about the winters here (Maine) yet continue to stay. Then when it's August, and 80-90º, they complain it's too hot. Every yr, same thing - whaaaa, whaaaa, whaaaa... If it's really that bad...MOVE!:roll eyes:

Gotta add too that one thing I always think about with the winter thing comes up... handful of yrs ago we did Christmas at the in-laws in TX. Landed and it was spitting snow, barely a flurry and everyone was white-knuckle driving 25-30mph where they usually do 70-80mph. Next day, the balmy 35º kept everyone either inside or wrapped up like Eskimos. Outside in a t-shirt, they KNEW we were the "people from Maine" and NOT locals. LoL So much for those tough southern folks. ;) (oh, been there when it was 115º s well...not my preference but wasn't horrible and still quite bearable)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep down here people see snow flurries they call it a blizzard. You would be surprised how many will call off work because they are afraid to drive in it. It was a big deal when Galveston was covered in snow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts