STAR Model BM 9mm Range Rpt.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

This gun is one of 3 we got from an old man at a gunshow. Most of the story is with the Ballester Molina .45. So I will skip the long winded P.V. story.

I had a couple of thse guns before. Yeah, they are old school, all steel, compacts of days gone by. yeah, no longer made and parts as well as mags are scarce. But I had to have it. I am an old school kinda guy and this is the best one I had seen in a long time. Imported by Interams, these were mostly used police guns. Shortened version of the STAR model B.

Very Coltish in looks and controls. It operates much like a shrunk down 1911.It can be carried cocked and locked. Very thin with an 8 +1 capacity. Fixed sights. 1911ish controls. Single action only. The other 2 I had were very accurate. This one appears to be as good and looks much better in minty condition. Guy wanted 3 bills for it and settled for 2.

[​IMG]

Just a quick 5 roudns for accuracy and function at a realistice defensive range of 10 feet using Blazer 115 gr. FMJs.

[​IMG]

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Pancho,
    You know your old buddy Fido is always a fan of 1911ish .45s,

Thats a neat gun, and in great shape, if you decide not to keep it...

Jim

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Been looking to find a cheap one way too long. Had to replace the ones I sold off. This one is in great shape. The other ones I had were beaters. Won't be carrying it any cause it is mostly for looking at and range toy. Wouldn't feel one bit undergunned with it. Carried the other 2 for years back in the 80s.