Standard off the shelf Ruger 10 / 22 Rifle is Accurate

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS, Aug 17, 2020.

1. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

thumbnail_20200817_071151 (1).jpg
    This is just a factory Ruger 10 / 22 outfitted with a Simmons 4x .22 Scope nothing more than an aftermarket 25 round magazine. You don't have to modify the Ruger 10 /22 to have fun shooting Targets or Game with it shoots well enough like it is from the factory. At 50 ' yards, it groups within 1" inch at 100 yards within 2 " with a cheap Simmons 4x 32 mm rimfire .22 scope. You don't need to spend a bunch of money to get your Ruger 10 / 22 to shoot well. this scope cost $31.74 at Walmart. You don't need to spend $200.00 on a scope for a .22 rifle you will be shooting no more than 100 yards with punching holes in paper or tin cans, iron targets when the cheap scope and factory 10 /22 will do.

910857e8-4461-44db-8cc3-a88701f149b6_1.5435177cb44a64de9cdd156e50b859a8.jpeg
    This Simmons 22 MAG Series continues the tradition of being America's most popular rimfire scope, but that's where the resemblance ends. Featuring Simmons patented TrueZero adjustment system and QTA quick target acquisition eyepiece, the 22 MAG series scopes delivers an unparalleled performance. It comes complete with a set of rimfire rings to get you up and mounted in no time. High-quality optical glass and fully coated optics deliver bright, sharp images. HydroShield lens coating helps maintain a clear sight picture regardless of weather conditions, and Simmons SureGrip rubber surfaces make the 22 MAG one of the easiest scopes to adjust under any shooting conditions. Product SpecificationsPurposeEnhance Accuracy Model.22 Mag SeriesRiflescope with Rings Adj Size .25 MOA @ 100 yds Magnification 4x Objective 32mm Field of View 21 ft @ 100 yds Eye Relief 4" Tube Diameter 1" Length 10.94" Weight 8.6 oz Finish Black Matte Reticle Truplex Exit Pupil Range 8mm Proofs Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof Optic Coating Fully Coated SIMMONS .22 MAG 4X 32MM OBJ 21 FT @ 100 YDS FOV 1" TUBE BLACK MATTE TRIPLEX RETICLE.

You can have just as much fun as the guys who have 4 grand in their Ruger 10 / 22 Rifles with High Dollar Scopes, High Dollar Match custom Barrels, High Dollar Stocks, High Dollar match triggers. You don't need that to have quality fun with the Ruger 10 /22 Rifle."The Ruger 10/22 is a series of semi-automatic rifles produced by American firearm manufacturer Sturm, Ruger & Co., chambered for the .22 Long Rifle rimfire cartridge. It uses a patented 10-round rotary magazine, though higher capacity box magazines are also available. The standard Carbine version of the Ruger 10/22 has been in production continuously since 1964, making it one of the most successful rimfire rifle designs in history, with numerous third-party manufacturers making parts and accessories for upgrading and customization. In fact, the 10/22's aftermarket is so prolific, that a 10/22 can be built with completely non-Ruger made components." 56 years ago I was 12 yrs old I paid about $55.00 for my first Ruger 10 /22 and for 56 years I had fun with that old Ruger and it had an old 4x Tasco scope I paid 12 bucks for. I still have that old rifle and it still shoots well with a blue million rounds I put thru it. I own a few custom 10 / 22 rifles with the High Dollar aftermarket stuff on them but the Plain Factory Ruger 10 /22 Rifle I have just as much fun with it. So don't feel left out if you don't have all the custom stuff on your 10 / 22 rifle I enjoy them the same from Factory to customized ones I own. Heck, it's a .22 so it's much cheaper to shoot than my .308, .223, 6.5 Creedmore the same 4 Marksmanship fundamentals apply shooting the .22 accurately as the larger calibers. 1. Steady Position, 2. Sight Alignment, 3.Breath Control, 4. Trigger squeeze. if you use these 4 Fundamentals you will always be on Target.[​IMG]

3 FIVE SHOT GROUPS AT 50 YARDS WITH REMINGTON 40 GRAIN RN GOLDEN BULLETS.

factory ruger102250 yards.jpg

PROOF YOU DONT HAVE TO PUT 4 GRAND IN A 10/.22 RIFLE TO SHOOT WELL.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    mrmike7189 likes this.
  2. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Almost every gun I own is fairly precise, I am just not very accurate ☹️.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020

3. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

I always had good accuracy with my old 10/22.
    I wish I still had it, but it turned out not to be fire proof.

4. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

I am sorry you lost your Ruger 10/22 I hope you will purchase another soon I have my boyhood 10/22 from 1964 56 years and it still shoots well . I will be giving it to my grandson when he turns 12 it will have a new barrel and a BX Trigger and a 4x scope when he gets it and 2,000 Rounds of CCI Velocitor ammo , and a refurbished oil-finished Walnut Stock

jmohme likes this.
  5. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I have a Lasermax. Just point it and shoot. Never miss unless the target is moving.

6. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Coming straight from the factory, the Ruger 10/22 was never meant to beat all challengers at Wimbledon. To challenge that statement is folly.
    These rifles have left Ruger in droves, and have proven themselves to be self sufficient in providing fun shooting and easy modification for those that know how. If you have a family that loves to get out camping and take your trusty Ruger factory 10/22 along to do plinking, and shooting safely at cans, you are indeed a happy camper.
    If you are a small game hunter, the Ruger 10/22 will provide many a squirrel, or cotton tail for the skillet, especially if you remove that dang "barrel band contraption" which most savvy owners know enough to do. And, don't even bother with adding a cheap $15.00 plastic stock, your Ruger as is, will provide all that you are looking for.

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  7. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  8. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

who said 3 1/2" group ? 2" group at 100 yards out of the box from the factory is not bad . but who is going to shoot a squirrel at 100 yards ? Most Squirrels are shot at less than 50 yards and at 50 yards the group is 1" or less the squirrel noggin is about 2.75 " on most squirrels. But the average squirrel shot is 25 yards or less. The Point I was trying to make is the factory standard Ruger 10/22 Rifles accuracy out of the factory box is good for most Plinking & Hunting.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  9. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

Post some photos of this lasermax on your 10/22 and a few targets so we can see your shot groups.