SR9c

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by JohnColey, Apr 10, 2014.

1. JohnColey

JohnColey New Member

Well I bought a sp101 357 a few weeks back and I love the gun but my gun craving aint been satisfied yet. (I get this way from time to time) Now I am thinking of going and picking up a sr9c. From the reviews it seems there is as much bad as good to say about this gun. So I guess what I am asking is it a worthwhile buy? Are the problems still happening or has ruger fixed them. I have never owned a ruger till the sp101 and I must say if the quality of the autos is that of the revolvers I may never buy another brand of gun.

2. dug23

dug23 New Member

I just recently picked up a SR9c and I love it. Only issue sights were off a touch but that's nothing. Good guns.... Also have a GP100, SR40c

3. Lshooter

Lshooter New Member

I bought an SR9C in the fall and now have about 1200 trouble free rounds through it and its pretty accurate.

Attached Files:

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Hard to beat the SR family..........awesome guns....

5. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I have the SR40c and really, really like it. Actually have two of them. The sights on both are right on the money. This is an excellent pistol. I am sure that the SR9c is exactly the same; just in 9mm.

6. JohnColey

JohnColey New Member

Glad yall like yours. My LGS is having a sale one rugers this weekend probably pick one up then.

Lshooter: That is one heck of a target

Redleg: Thank you for your service. I was in the Army myself 02-10

7. refugee

refugee New Member

I own one of each of the current offerings in the SR line. 9, 9c, 40, 40c and 45. all excellent with zero issues. gave three SR9's to family members as gifts, all of those three are keepers as well. the squeaky wheel gets the grease, those with issues talk and the vast majority of us just enjoy.

8. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

I own and love my SR40C. I have shot my buddy's SR1911 & his SR556. I would own an SR9C in a heartbeat. And though I am not In the market fir a .45 if they come out with an SR45C I'd be first in line for that one.

9. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

I have an SR9C and an SR45. Both over 1K+ rounds with no issues, Both accurate,

The SR45 is a little larger than I'd anticipated and bigger grip with the double stack mag than an SR1911. Fun to shoot. I use it as my night table gun as it's too large to carry. Thinking of fitting it with a Crimson Trace Laser-Light combo. To me an ideal home defense gun.

The SR9C on the other hand is close to perfect as a carry gun. I like the extended 17 round mag best for fit. Only issue I have with it is the spacer on the longer mag being loose. I solved this with a thread insert and set screw to hold it tight and have eliminated the "loose" feel from the spacer. Shoots great and quite accurate.

The SR's are very easy to breakdown and reassemble making them that much easier to maintain.

I'm a bit Ruger "prejudiced", but can't see any other line with superior features. Great service, shoot dependably right out of the box, and priced fairly......Just hard to beat.;)

10. bigmac72

bigmac72 New Member

Bought a SR9C two weeks ago. My first gun and love it. My wife is talking about buying one now too.

11. jabukow

jabukow New Member

I bought an SR9C about a month ago, mostly because I liked the feel and the trigger pull. I also tried one at the range and it was a very nice shooter. I bought this for my wife to have on hand, so I've only fired about 100 rounds through it. So far, it shoots nice and no problems. I agree with the post that reported the sights were off (mine were quite high), but that was easily corrected. I have to wonder though why Ruger put adjustable sights on a CCW with a 3.5 inch barrel. I'll probably replace them with fixed night sights.

12. Lshooter

Lshooter New Member

115 rounds fired through my SR9C last week. Shoots well.Great Ccw.

Attached Files:

13. bl5196

bl5196 New Member

I'm a rookie when it comes to handguns, and I only have two; a S&W .38 special air weight j-frame, and the SR40c. I love the Ruger! It shoots great, very little recoil, and east to conceal with the short mag.

14. NWMarc

NWMarc New Member

Had my SR1911 and my SR9C both for over two years now. The 9C is a fantastic shooter and you couldn't go wrong. You'll love it.

15. pokerace

pokerace New Member

with 10 0r 17 round mags. I find it a little to heave. So I got a LC9s and it works for me.

16. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

I bought a SR9c, coupl'a years ago. Like new in the box, with a $50.00 holster. Swing'n deal, found out why. Trigger wouldn't reset, 'bout once per mag. 400 rounds later it was failing about every other round.

Sent it to Ruger, it came back fixed, been great ever since. It will run any kind of ammo that I've found. I'm very happy with it.

17. chet

chet New Member

i just picked a new sr9c also, that is fantastic shooting there can i ask were they reloads, if so what is the load and what distance were you shooting, mine is nowhere as accurate yet.....

Chet

18. suzuki1819

suzuki1819 New Member

I just got a sr9c took to the range it jams about 17 rounds twice any suggestions? Could be the amo or the gun got a problem?i wil try again today with the brand amo.

19. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

Did you clean it thoroughly before using?

20. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Not enough info provided. We need to know what ammo, what kind of malfunction(s), did ya clean it first?

Glad to help, just need more info. :D