SR9C trigger sticky w/17rnd mag

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by chet, Dec 1, 2014.

1. chet

chet New Member

I have a new SR9C. had some trouble during the 67 shots i shot this gun, trigger was not resetting had to wait a split second then when i felt a click it was ready to shoot, and had a few light hits, i called Ruger and sent the gun back, 10 days later, i go the range and the gun works flawless ONLY with the 10 round clip, with the 17rnd magazine there was a delay again after the shot, till i felt the click then it would shoot, i contacted Ruger and they sent me a new 17 rnd magazine, the problem still exist, so before i go calling Ruger again, they will probably want the gun back again, i got thinking if i may know the problem, is the firing pin hanging up on the Magazine disconnect mechanism, i am going to remove it later and go to the range and see if that is the issue, any tech guys out there have any ideas other than what i am going to try. the problem is only with the 17rnd clip since i got the gun back from Ruger.

thanks
    Chet

2. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

I bought my SR9c for a very low price, looked like new in the box. Found out why, it had the same reset problem as yours. Sent back to Ruger, back in 1 week. Works like a champ, and has for 'bout 600 rounds.

I don't have the larger mag, only a bunch of 10 rounders. I did remove the Mag Disconnect, 'cause I don't like 'em.

Good luck, let us know if removing the mag disconnect fixes the issue. :spot:

3. chet

chet New Member

took it to the range today fired 25 shots and one slight error, could have been me testing it too its limits too fast, but the lag was due ot the firing pin catching the mag safety release, i could easily remedy this by filing a small radius st the bottom of the release, and why no issues with the 10 rnd mag is because it pushes the mag safety up out of the way by approx .010 deeper than the 17rnd mag,it could be remedied another way too but i really dont want to bend the mag tip. will leave it out for now so i can back to concentrating on my load testing. so far my best load is 5gr of unique, 125 round nose lead bullet at 1.150 OAL

thanks
    Chet