SR9c barrel damage?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by SR9cSolo, Oct 25, 2017.

1. SR9cSolo

SR9cSolo New Member

I bought a used SR9c recently, but didn’t notice the blemishes on one end of the barrel. They appear to be impact burrs but I’m not sure. There’s no corresponding damage visible on the slide. Pictures in the link:

https://imgur.com/gallery/5JUrs

I’ve run 180 rounds through it with 2 misfires which I attribute to some cheap practice ammo I bought.

Accuracy is varied but that could be me.

Has anybody seen this before? Should I be worried about it?

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Send the picture to Ruger Customer service and ask them if you should send it back to them for warranty repair.
    Being a new member to Ruger Talk go to introductions thread and tell a bit about yourself and gun interests. It will get you off to a better rolling start on this RT forum.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

That part where it is damaged won't affect accuracy. Does it bother you? What's the condition of the rest of the gun? You could probably send it to Ruger and they might replace the barrel

4. SR9cSolo

SR9cSolo New Member

It seems to shoot ok, I got it relatively cheap ($279 in Massachusetts) so I don’t have a problem with blemishes and can easily file down the burrs.

My main concerns are whether it’s safe to operate since it was apparently banging against something at some point. and I wonder why the slide doesn’t show corresponding damage, which makes me wonder if the barrel or slide isn’t original to the gun.

5. SR9cSolo

SR9cSolo New Member

I probably will talk to Ruger about it. The gun is about 4 years old and I bought it used so I’m not sure if any warrantees apply.

rondonnelly likes this.
  6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

You got the gun, you got the warranty... Ruger's like that. :Cooltu:

I do not believe that is normal wear but Ruger will know more about that than me.
    If the misfires were fail to fires (light strikes), I'd be sure Ruger hears about that too.........

:usa:

7. SR9cSolo

SR9cSolo New Member

They were failures to fire. The striker was pretty mucked up but I gave it a good cleaning last night. I’ll mention it though

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Mag said it right............if it's a Ruger, it's under warranty. They have a great customer service. Call them and visit and explain your problems. More than likely they will have you send it in (on their dime) and take a look at it.

Tommy