SR9 triggers

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by hawkinsje, Oct 20, 2013.

1. hawkinsje

hawkinsje New Member

So I have owned a sr9c for a while now and it has been my favorite non-1911 gun to shoot. So I thought to myself that I should try the full size out and yesterday I was able to pick up a slightly used sr9 in stainless. Now I dry fired it a bit(with a mag inserted) and it feels slightly different then the sr9c(slightly heavier, slightly longer). So my question is, are they slightly different triggers? And would getting some of the performance parts from calloway help?

Sent from my C5155 using Ruger Forum mobile app

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I am not sure about if there is a difference between a full size and compact trigger. I am running some of Galloway Precision stuff on my SR9.....they are great people to deal with.....

Attached Files:

3. hawkinsje

hawkinsje New Member

Are you using the smooth it kit? And or the trigger bar? Is it a noticeable difference?

Sent from my C5155 using Ruger Forum mobile app

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

There is a slight difference between the full size and compact triggers. I don't know what exactly it is, but if you were to order spare parts on shopruger they have different part numbers for them.

The Galloway stuff is great, I have the smooth it kits and ghost bars in both my sr40 and sr40c

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

5. hawkinsje

hawkinsje New Member

Gotcha. What would you suggest first. Trigger bar or smooth kit.

6. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

The level 4 smooth it kit has the ghost bar included.

Is this a carry gun or home defense gun? If either I wouldn't lighten or smooth the trigger without adding the heavy striker spring. Don't want to ever have to use it then get stuck in court having to explain why you gave your gun a hair trigger or worse if you meant to discharge it at all.

My full size is my comp gun so I have the smooth it kit 4 with ghost ultimate trigger bar, and polishing of the striker, trigger bar, feed ramp. I wanted smooth, crisp, light , and quick reset.

The compact is my defense pistol so I added the heavy striker spring to bring pull weight back up and insure no light primer strikes when I need them the most. That has the smooth it 4 with ghost tactical trigger bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum