SR9 Owners: Any Love for Fobus Holsters?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by TeleGuy53, Dec 17, 2015.

1. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

I'll soon be receiving my new SR9 and I'd like to get a holster for it.

Fobus has several offerings for left-handers. Any love for the Fobus holsters, here?

I'd love to see photos of holstered SR9s, if possible.

Thanks, guys.

2. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

I didn't care for the Fobus, or other plastic holsters I've owned.

They work. That's about all I'll say for them.

3. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

I'm a leather guy, I've worn leather holsters for over 35 years for a myriad of pistols and revolvers, both on duty and off. Never had an issue with any of them, really.

4. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

So, you don't like plastic holsters. Why not?

5. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

I'm liking a Tagua leather paddle holster that was recommended: PD3-351 (Black), or PD3-353 (Brown).

Cost is around $50. Just not sure how securely it holds the gun.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  6. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

But I'm also liking the Fobus Roto Paddle (HK1RPL), which sells for about $40:

[​IMG]

7. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

A well boned leather holster is a fine thing. You can find good ones at Galco leather, and the Bianchi carrylok is another option to consider.

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Here is a holster I like and it holds any gun I have from an LCR, SR40c, Taurus 5" model 92, to a GP100 357. It can be worn OWB left/or right handed. It has the adjustable leather strap to hold any gun in place and easily removed for draw. I am left handed and wear it OWB left side. I would say it hides any size gun pretty darn good. Best of all it is inexpensive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  9. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

The more I look at them, the more I'm really starting to like the designed flexibility of the Fobus Roto Paddle Holster... :D

10. buster40c

It's all about getting what you like best that does what you want it to do.

11. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

I've got The Pro-Carry HD from The Holster Store Maker for my Ruger SR9c. Molded fit, tight with a well done sewn in metal clip for inside the waistband. At a glance I can see if the safety is on or off, access to drop out a clip. Trigger is concealed and the top red flag fits in it as well.

http://www.theholsterstore.net/Pro-Carry-HD-p/procarryhd.htm

12. buster40c

^^^^^^^^^^ That looks good and leather yet. The price is right also.
    I never cared much for molded holsters that look like guns. The point IMO is not to look like I am carrying a gun.

13. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

^^^^^^^^^ I looked for days to find that holster Buster. It is an inside the belt CC so you'll never know what it looks like because you won't see it. I think the idea is that it makes a tight fit so as not to allow movement or fall out. The clip on the holster fits so tight to a belt and pant you cannot lift the holster out without using two hands. And pull out of the gun itself is firm.
    When i got it the fit was really tight so I wrapped the gun in wax paper for a week and worked it in and out.

14. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

I think I may prefer this holster design over the Tagua design, although I'm still debating paddle vs. clip.

I'll be wearing this strong side, OWB.

15. smokier

smokier New Member

My bride has a Fobus Right handed for her SR22. She likes it, and the holster too.

16. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

Hey, Smokier, earlier today, I pulled the trigger on a leather Tagua PD3 holster, in brown. I prefer that my SR9 be cradled in leather.

If the Tagua doesn't work out, then I'll probably try the Fobus.

17. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I had an SR9C for a brief period. A Blackhawk Serpa holster using the belt loop platform worked great for OWB concealed carry. Comfortable too.
    With its positive retention, it could be used for open carry as well.
    It's plastic, but fast and secure.

18. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

Have you looked at the Serpa holsters?

*Edit* Yeah, what the poster above me said. I've used a Serpa for years now and I have no complaints. I generally carry IWB but if it's going to be OWB, I use a Serpa. Have used one for several Glocks and a 1911. I had a Fobus paddle holster for a Sig P226 I used to own and I never did like it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  19. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

I finally ordered a leather Tagua PD3 Open Top holster, in tan. ;-)

20. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

Gotcha. Enjoy :)