Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can pick out every brass shell fired out of my SR9. It appears the firing pin is still stuck in the primer when the ejector kicks it out. Any comments as to cause? It causes no other firing issues.
Wood Button Circle Metal Fashion accessory

Here is a typical strike impression.

·
Patriot
2,178 Posts
The striker, being spring loaded, does not retract completely before the action works and the cartridge is pulled down making that mark on the primer.
All striker fired pistols make that 'wipe' mark on the primer.
At least that's what I'm told.

·
Registered
177 Posts
MagnumBlackhawk is correct in what causes that to happen. There are a bunch of striker fired handguns that do this. Sig is having a big problem with that (among other problem) with the p365. It is usually not a big deal. That is extra stress on your firing pin however and could eventually be a failing point for the gun. Just something to keep in mind if that’s you’re edc gun.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for ya’ll replies. This does not happen on my Shield or PPQ. Do you think it might help to polish the end of the striker.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It will probably still leave a mark. I know there are kits out there for other pistols to replace striker components, so your pistol will stop having primer drag. I do not know if anyone makes one for an SR9.

My S&W M&P, and LC9s leave no drag marks. I had a Glock that left them about the same as the picture you posted. Some other pistols I have/had leave a tiny mark. Unfortunately I have almost no experience with SR9’s, so I don’t know if it’s common or if your handgun is excessive. Hopefully someone else on here can chime in with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts