Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got to cleaning and oiling tonight and I noticed a few jagged edges on my SR9 barrel. Don't like the looks of them.

I've got about 400 rounds through this gun (mostly just target load FMJs, a few magazines of hydra-shocks).

For fellow SR9 users, do the pictures I have attached match what your feed ramp/barrel looks like? Is this normal "wear and tear?" I'm a bit concerned.

Thanks for any help!

1. Ruger SR9
2. Glock G27
3. Ruger SR1911

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ouch! Doesn't look good. Although I am sure you will get some educated opinions from this forum on what may be the problem, you will probably end up sending it back to Ruger in the long run. I would give them a call and start the process asap. Doing this may reduce the downtime of your firearm. They have great CS.

Phone: Prescott, AZ – 928-778-6555 (For Semi-Automatic Pistols)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know all about their customer service- I recently had to send a SR1911 back to them and got it back within one week.

1. Ruger SR9
2. Glock G27
3. Ruger SR1911

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Considering purchasing an SR-9c. BUT, does anyone know if +P+ ammo is OK to use on a limited ie carry only, basis?
My SR9 manual says that the firearm can handle pretty much any 9mm round out there, so I'd think you'd be OK. Is there really a need for more than +P? Not dogging you, just figuring out why you'd want a hard-to-find +P+?

1. Ruger SR9
2. Glock G27
3. Ruger SR1911

·
Registered
28 Posts
Considering purchasing an SR-9c. BUT, does anyone know if +P+ ammo is OK to use on a limited ie carry only, basis?
I would call Ruger for a definite answer. They have great customer service......;).....ain't that right thebulky1cometh....:)

Phone: Prescott, AZ – 928-778-6555 (For Semi-Automatic Pistols)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts