SR45 ... wasn't supposed to be this way...

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Redleg, May 3, 2014.

1. Redleg

Redleg New Member

As one or two of you may know, I am into 45s and own quite a few mid to mid-high 1911s including a Colt Gold Cup, a Dan Wesson PM7, and others. They are all good shooters and they all cost at least a kilobuck.

So you can imagine my chagrin when my SR45, which cost about $450, can shoot at least even with my match-grade 1911s. This is not a put-down on 1911s, mind you -- my Gold Cup, etc. all shoot very accurately and nicely. But I have to say, today I was getting attention from my friends in the next lane when my SR45 just kept nailing that bull's-eye and grouping tight. By the way, I was mostly using the iron sights.

The trigger in the SR45 has really turned out nice, and the sights are right on the moolah. It really is hard not to love the gun, even if it is a sub-$500 handgun ... :eek:

[​IMG]

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Sounds great......that's one good looking SR45. I feel any of the SR series guns are awesome....:D

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Isn't it grand when you have a gun that performs so good. Funny how people say you get what you pay for. Rugers are often way less than half the price of the high end guns but yet shoot just as well. With Ruger you don't over pay for a name while still getting excellent quality.

4. Redleg

Redleg New Member

'Fraid so. I have more 1911s than I will admit to, and I love them all, but I am not sure that even my Gold Cup or my Kimber Eclipse Target II will outshoot the SR45. I'm not fooling. This gun will hold its own against guns that are literally five times or more in price. Ruger got this one right. I know some of the fellows had some early production QC issues, but I am imagining that Ruger took good care of them and now has this sorted out. My pistola is great. :cool:

5. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

I've not shot an SR45, but they feel very good in the hand. I really like my SR9c, and when Ruger gets arount to building a SR45c I'll be in line to get one ;)

6. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

While I prefer my SR1911 and other 1911's in general, I really enjoy my SR45.

I've designated it my nightstand gun as it is to bulky to CC.

Great accuracy and feel. I've had no issues with the trigger and don't understand the reports from those who have claimed the trigger is rough. My is pretty smooth or at least it is to me.

SR series is hard to beat.

7. 00b5

00b5 Member

Redleg...if it will make you feel better, I'm sure that special arrangements could be made for you to pay extra for your SR45. Don't want you to feel left out?

8. Redleg

Redleg New Member

No need; I spent enough money on my 1911s (Colt, Kimber, Dan Wesson) to soak up most of my past two years' disposable income. :cryinglaugh:

9. robit79

robit79 New Member

I rented an SR45 at a local range. Took a couple months to save up and found a good deal at Davidson's. Should be delivered to the dealer today, but I'm out of town until Monday. I will be done some shooting on Monday!

10. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Great! Give us a range report when you fire that sucker up!

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I took my SR1911 out of the box and gave it a light cleaning before taking it to the range. The first 5 rounds I was disappointed until I got my head out of my a** and checked my grip. I gripped it the way I am supposed to and it was dead on. In past years I have had a lot of 1911's including a 70 series match grade Colt and I have to admit, I believe that this pistol will outshoot the match grade Colt and a lot of overly priced 1911's that are on the market.
    Tommy