SR45 Replacement/Extra Slide?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Ninz49z, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Ninz49z

Ninz49z New Member

I have a SR45 with a stainless slide but would like to also have a black slide. Does anyone know if you can get just the slide or where? Thanks!

2. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I would contact Ruger Customer Service myself: 1-603-865-2442;)

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. I will here reveal even more of my ignorance - in guessing that the slide may need some minor fitting to the frame, and to the barrel. And I dunno what Ruger CS thinks about that.

:confused:

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

They can connect you with a tech, he should be able to cover that question.:)

5. Ninz49z

Ninz49z New Member

I will contact them and will try to update this. I didn't know or think about the slide having to be specifically fitted to my frame. Is each gun of the same model(SR45) manufactured that different to where the slide would not be interchangeable like that?

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I don't know what the story is with plastic frames - they may be made deliberately with an open tolerance. The barrel to slide interface is more likely to need fitting, I'm guessing. In either case, it's not a matter of interchangeable, just of fitting. Anyway, please do post an update; I'm interested.

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

My guess is they churn out all of them to the same specs. That's nothing but a guess so......
    You would think (and hope) QC checks the finished product before it goes out so they may not want to sell a slide alone.
    It'll be interesting to find out what they tell you.
    Let us know.