Sr40c

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by CD74, Feb 5, 2017.

1. CD74

CD74 New Member

Cleaned it up a little last night and had it pose for a picture ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1486321365.737865.jpg

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yep looks just like mine. I really like the gun and it was my CC till I got my LCR.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

At the range today a lady showed me her Sig Sauer .380 semi auto and I was surprised on how small it was. She said she thought she paid (maybe her boyfriend did) about $600.00 for it. Sounds kinda pricey to me but I am not familiar with Sig pricing. I know this, it's way too small for my long fingers.

Tommy

4. buster40c

Tommy that is the Sig P238 and if I was to get back into shooting 380 it would be the P238. It shoots really nice for a small 380.

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

My wife (and I) shot a P238 that a lady had at the range a few weeks ago.
    I can't talk my wife into an LCRx. She wants to shoot another P238 and probably get one.

Those things start at about $600 and go up from there. Sig has must have 15 or more models.
    We saw a chrome and gold one with fake pearl grips at Academy... I didn't even price it. :eek:

:usa:

6. CD74

CD74 New Member

Yeah I think I'm gonna have me a LCR357 in about a month but I do love that SR40C though.

7. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Hey Buster, how do you carry your LCR?

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    The things I noticed and I did not want to be discourteous, was it was somewhat similar to a 1911, but just in a few aspects. The slide had serrations on the barrel, thumb safety was ambidextrous, she said she had to cock the pistol prior to firing as it was a single action trigger and it had some very good sights. I think they were tritium. Anyway they sure stood out. The grips were very fancy but I could see where they would be good in sweaty hands. She hand tiny hands and my hands although not large, have long fingers. I tried to hold it however it was kind of tricky getting my fingers around the butt of the pistol and having the front pad of my finger on the trigger. I think it would take quite a bit of practice to get comfortable with this pistol however anything can be overcome with practice. She was shooting at 15 feet and held the rounds in the torso style target. She said she had acquired the pistol just a couple of weeks ago. My pinky finger was open and not on the butt however she said she had a mag with a pinky extension. I will give her credit as she had a couple of rounds "hang up", she calmly laid the pistol down and had her boyfriend check and clear it for her. She was a very nice lady although her "boyfriend" was a bit brusque and was rapid firing his 9mm, and I mean he was burning ammo. His demeanor was such as I did not want to be a bother and just wished her a good day. I again say that the pistol although it may be very good was just a little too small for my hands. MHO! The Sig Sauer is NOT a cheap pistol to say the least. I scanned some prices and was very surprised!

Tommy

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I'm pretty sure the only centerfire Sig you can find for under $500 is the p250. My favorite Sig that I've shot was a p226. Marvelous trigger ...........

10. buster40c

SG I carry OWB in a Talon holster made for the LCR. It has a canted belt clip and with a loose shirt it hides very well. The holster is heavy leather and it is formed to stay open for easy reholstering but holds the gun fairly secure. This holster was around $70 and you can find less expensive ones, half price, that are close to the same build.

I have what's called a maxi holster that will hold about any handgun I want to carry. It is ambi and can be worn IWB/OWB. I carry it LH OWB.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017