Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new SR40c stainless a while back. Took it out shortly after and put 100 rounds through it and I have the trigger stick back about every 6-10 shots. I sent it back and they "fixed it"(not talking bad about Ruger because they have GREAT customer service. The reason I say "fixed it" is because i got it back and it stuck 2 more times after. 1 at the 3rd shot and once at the 97th round.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what can drone to eliminate it. I would hate for it to malfunction in time of need.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You might put another 100 rounds through it using good ammo and see if the problem persists. Semi-autos do have a bit of a break-in period, although I can report that neither of my SR40c pistols has ever had this issue.

Be sure that the striker channel is clean and that the striker is cleaned and reassembled properly. The striker assembly is easy to strip and maintain once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Totally agree with the 300 round break in. My 9c, 40c and 1911 all shot better and smoother at the 300 round mark.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My SR40C I shot it out of the box at an indoor range. Had a few hang ups. When I went to take a intro class, they offered to field strip inspect and clean us newbies firearms. That told me it had way too much factory gunk in it. That might be your problem and a simple cleaning and proper greasing might help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had that problem with my SR9c.

I had it apart and togather so many times that I lost count. Cleaned, lubed, looked, and could find nothing wrong:(

After about 450rds down range I called Ruger. Gun went home and back in about a week. Didn't under stand x'zackyl what was wrong.

The work order that came back with it listed a buncha parts replaced. Maybe out of spec parts?

The thing works great now:D

Send it back again, it won't get better:confused: Ruger will fix it:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
My SR40C I shot it out of the box at an indoor range. Had a few hang ups. When I went to take a intro class, they offered to field strip inspect and clean us newbies firearms. That told me it had way too much factory gunk in it. That might be your problem and a simple cleaning and proper greasing might help.
Man, I wish you would change your Avatar....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Man, I wish you would change your Avatar....
C'mon it's a ******* pacifier in a babies mouth. You can probably block the image.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts