SR40c trigger reset issue.

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by dug23, Oct 30, 2014.

1. dug23

dug23 New Member

I've been experiencing some trigger reset issues with my SR40c. It happens 1-2 times with every magazine. Seems to happen on the last 2nd or 3rd round in the magazine as well as dropping the slide on a loaded magazine. It is easy to duplicate by easing the slide into battery, however it does it shooting a magazine as stated above. Any ideas?

2. Redleg

Redleg New Member

If the trigger is not resetting properly send it into Ruger. Typically turnaround is 7-8 days and then the gun will be perfect. Don't screw around; call Ruger.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I believe the SR9c especially was noted for this problem. A friend on mine said he figured I would be having problems with my 40C but as yet I haven't. He got his back from Ruger and hasn't had any problems since then as far as I know.

4. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Been there, I had that gun apart and together so many times I near wore it out. Couldn't find what was wrong. Sent it to Ruger, got it back fixed, took about week and half to git it back.

500 rounds since, no problems! It will only get worse, send it in. No muss no fuss. Ruger CS is next to none.:D

5. Redleg

Redleg New Member

FWIW I own three (3) SR40c pistols and none of them have had this issue in the slightest. But if the OP's does I have zero doubt that Ruger will fix it immediately.

I've sent guns into Ruger on other occasions and every time they absolutely fixed the problem. Turnaround was always under two weeks and usually closer to one week.

6. dug23

dug23 New Member

I'm wondering though that I've had it Cerakoted if they will still honor their product. Granted it's been Cerakoted for over a year. And this issue is just now occurring.

7. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Call them, the problem is internal, unless the Cerakote is inside of the frame it should not be a problem.

Call and ask.:D

8. dug23

dug23 New Member

Good idea!! The cerakote is inside of the frame. The shop who Cerakoted it removes the trigger assembly and everything else to a bare frame then applies the cerakote

9. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Ah, the plot thickens. Well, I'd send the gun into Ruger.

10. dug23

dug23 New Member

Called ruger, told them the history. Of the cerakote then the issue.... Going back to Ruger tomorrow

11. dug23

dug23 New Member

Got the SR40c back. 1 week time, that's amazing. Going Tomorrow to burn some primers.

12. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I'm betting that the gun functions perfectly. Let us know.