SR40C Slide broke/cracked

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by dug23, Feb 26, 2014.

1. dug23

dug23 New Member

Hey guys take a look at this.

I was at the range today and when i came home to clean my sr40c I noticed a crack and or broke piece on the slide. It is on the guide rod hole of the slide. Looks like the lip of the guide rod hole has broke. Any ideas or suggestion.

Heres some info about the gun,
    I am not the orginal owner.
    I have owned the pistol since 9/22/13
    upon purchasing the pistol I did inspect it completly. I am not a novice in the gun world.
    I do not shoot hot loads, just your federal/winchester ball ammo.

Anybody have any info on what I should expect from ruger pertaning to this issue I.E. will they fix it, how much, i know the warranty dosent apply.

Thanks Doug

Attached Files:

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Contact Ruger, there customer service is awesome. They will make it right.....:)

3. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

What he said ^^^^^^^^^ !!!!

4. dug23

dug23 New Member

Update. Just received a email from ruger. They are shipping me a new complete slide in return for my broken slide. Better outcome than I expected

5. johnnyBgood

johnnyBgood New Member

Nice! I wondered what the outcome would be. Glad they took good care of you.

6. firefox

firefox New Member

Ruger always takes care of their customers! Glad to hear this!

7. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Yes -- no surprise here. Ruger will no doubt thoroughly examine the old slide to ensure that they figure out what happened. My SR40c pistols are super-reliable but it is great to know that Ruger stands behind them.