Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a ton of threads on multiple forums on the sr series sights. I own 3 sr series pistols and the sights aren't terrible but I'd like to try a set of night sights out and see if they are more to my liking. I'm looking for a nice low profile set that isn't outrageous in price and that is easier to see in different lighting conditions. Low profile is important to me seeing as the first gun I put them on is my concealed carry sr40c. Pics are a huge help as well as any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1412343087.247810.jpg

Crappy photo but I installed a set of Trijicons. The rear is easy. I just replaced the hinged. The front wasn't bad but a touch more involved. I had to sand down the base of the sight so It would insert in evenly.
Best thing is get you a quality sight pusher. Or pay a smith.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can shoot fairly well with the original SR sights, but I really don't like them. So far I've not found any that I do like the looks of. Hoping that this thread will show some good option. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's how I am with mine I'm shooting great grouping but I hate the way they look and follow up shots aren't as quick as I'd like

·
Registered
285 Posts
Guess I'm a maverick. I have 4 SR pistolas and I like the 3 dot sights on all of them. I am pretty happy with the Ruger stock sights on these pistols. Come to think of it, all of my SR pistols have been left completely stock. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My other 2 sr series pistols are completely stock my carry pistol is the only one that I have done work to may have been boredom but I felt like making some changes the other main reason I'm looking at sights is the front sight lost its dot and is getting pretty rough from my holster

·
Registered
285 Posts
My other 2 sr series pistols are completely stock my carry pistol is the only one that I have done work to may have been boredom but I felt like making some changes the other main reason I'm looking at sights is the front sight lost its dot and is getting pretty rough from my holster
Good reason. Someday or other I may try Tritium night sights on my carry gun, but like I said, I'm happy with the stock sights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts