sr40c punching holes again

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by buster40c, Aug 15, 2013.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I got my SR40C out of the sleeper after many months. I still rate this gun amongst my top choices. I have had a G27 and an XDM 3.8 compact. Both also are 40 cal guns.
    The SR40c IMO has better recoil than the other two. Big difference especially compared to the G27. People talk about not liking the 40 due to its snappy recoil but the SR really handles the 40 very well.
    For some reason I am more accurate with the SR also. That could be because of the trigger action which IMO is better than the others also. This gun just loves going bang every time.
    Popped off 50 and remembered why it is one of my favorites.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Sounds great....love the SR40C.....my PD gun....:D

3. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

SR40C is my EDC & Home Defense.(my first-ever handgun). Love the way it conceals with the 9(+1) magazine (appendix carry).

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Very nice pistola. Hope to get one of the SRs soon. Just have to live with my old KP-89 and KP-90s for a while longer.

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Cutlass327

Cutlass327 New Member

This is good to hear. I am seriously considering purchasing one here soon... It was between the M&P40 compact or the SR40C, but I liked the Ruger design better.

I must ask though, how reliable is the trigger safety for CCW? These seem to be a SA only system, and I liked how easy it was to pull the trigger (like my BT380 in SA), but I don't care for how the thumb safety is on the SR40C - seems too far to the rear and kinda stiff to move to me.

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The thumb safety is very easy to use for me. The safety pulls down for fire and being it is ambi it works great for me being left handed. It comes off safety with ease for me as the positioning is good for my thumb position during my natural grip of the gun. I use the side of my thumb to easily pull the safety down for fire. The trigger safety is good as Springfield or Glock which is what the Ruger copied idea from.
    I will take the SR over the M&P but that is my .02.