Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I took a CCW two-day class offered by a local company that is run largely by retired cops and sheriffs. I decided to designate my two SR40c pistols as my primary carry weapons, with a little Beretta Tomcat as backup. (In California you can designate up to but no more than three pistols as your CCW pistols -- they are designated by serial number.

Just thought I would report that my two SR40c pistols performed flawlessly. No stovepipes, no FTEs, slide locked back every time, yada yada yada.
Some of the Glock boys had some troubles, but my SR40cs just soldiered on, for which I am very grateful as the course was plenty intense enough without having to hassle with a quirky pistol. We shot about 400 rounds through the two guns all told. I am here to tell you that I developed a true respect and affection for the SR40c. I am totally sold on this gun.

A friend of mine who was there with the LC9 had similar perfect performance from her pistol. The instructors were all ex-cops who seemed to look askance at anyone who had anything but a Glock or a Sig, which apparently is what cops tend to get issued. But the Glocks seemed to have more issues than most of the other makes I saw. To be fair, there were more of them.

By the way, the Beretta Tomcat shot perfectly as well. This is a small .32 caliber gun with something of a checkered past. But it shot with surprising accuracy and 100% reliability. It was only the second time I had fired this gun.

Anyway, I was totally impressed with the SR40c. Both of mine functioned absolutely perfectly; can't ask for more than that. By the way, every single round hit the torso target all day long. This is a very mannerly gun to shoot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were you able to start your ccw because of the ccw law that was struck down in ca? I'm in ca as well and want to start the process but in the county I'm in they say there is a 6 month wait and they are not sure the law will change.

**** it dude let's go bowling

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Great report.........glad to hear the SR40C is working good. That is also my CCW gun.......hard to beat...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walter, the short answer is yes. OC has a long wait list too but they are trying to speed it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts