SR40c magazin issue maybe?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Jla1991, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Jla1991

Jla1991 New Member

***Just noticed i forgot the e in magazine on the title but i can go back and change that whoops :0***

So i just bought an SR40c and i took it to the range for the first time yesterday and shot about 200 rounds through it, i know i shot 190, i let a employee at the range shoot it because he wanted to know how much it would kick so i was happy to help, but im not sure if he shot 5 or 10 rounds, i dont remember, he used his own ammo.

Anyways as you know the gun comes with 2 magazines and with the smaller magazine the gun kept failing to feed on the final round. The gun would lock back like it was empty so i would eject the mag and notice there was a bullet in the mag still but it was sticking up in a weird way.

After i got home i started looking around and i noticed 2 scratches or gouges on the clip where the bullet rests. Could this cause the issue? If so i guess i got a bad magazine, like i said before it didn't do it with the other mag and it did it with all 4 types of ammo is hot. 2 FMJ and 2 JHP.

Here are a few pictures i took

http://i.imgur.com/Q0oThpw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kQ3r4pT.jpg

Thanks!

2. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

Got a Dremel?

I would polish the scratch down a bit and see if that works.

3. Jla1991

Jla1991 New Member

Well I contacted ruger and they said they would send me a new mag with a shipping label to return the messed up one. So either way I'm happy they are sending me a new mag first so I'm not a mag short while sending the messed up one back. First enouncter with ruger support is a positive one. I Hope it stays that way and i hope the mag is the issue

4. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

And that is why I like Rugers, they stand behind what they produce.