SR40...DarthVader...Had an Issue

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by flashback, Mar 7, 2018.

1. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Hadn't had ole Darth Ruger out for awhile since the addition of the A9 and Compact A9 to the lineup but I was feeling a bit nostalgic the other day so I thought I'd get the ole SR40 out.
    It's still gotta be my favorite handgun as it was the first one I ever bought.
    I was giving it the once over before heading out and noticed a "chunk" missing off the front of the slide....now I can't remember the last time I even had this gun out but I will be now going back to my practice of cleaning and further inspecting each firearm before putting them away upon arriving back home.
    I called Ruger and they issued me a shipping label and shipped it out the other day.... got an email yesterday and it supposed to be back here today.
    My experiences with their service dept has been outstanding in the past...hoping for the same this time!
    I'll post updates and more pics when it gets here. Ruger1.jpg Ruger2.jpg Ruger3.jpg Ruger4.jpg

rtm likes this.
  2. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Awesome!!!!!!
    Ruger once again has exceeded my expectations.

Items Replaced:
    Magazine Disconnect, Slide, Slide Stop Spring, Trigger Bar Reset, Trigger Bar Assembly, Fire Control Housing, Ejector

Attached Files:

potmetal likes this.

3. potmetal

potmetal New Member

Great service from Ruger, as expected. Still, I've never seen that happen to a slide before.

flashback likes this.
  4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre!!!! Sounds like you were treated right.

flashback likes this.
  5. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Yes, Ruger once again went above and beyond to keep their customer happy and their firearms safe. Very happy with all my Ruugers...the SR40, the RAP Fullsize, and the RAP Compact.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

They did all that yet they don't have a written warranty. Try getting that kind of service from some that have a written warranty. Ruger's company dedication and service to their customers is their warranty.