Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SR22 seems to shoot most any 22lr with few issues. I've used some REM. Golden with very good luck. What has been your experience with Rem Bulk Golden?
Based on my limited use of them I jumped at a chance to buy a bucket(1400rnds.) this morning at Cabelas.
I've read both good and bad reviews. I would have more trust in reviews from members of this forum.
You opinion please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I read lots of bad things about them but picked up a 525 pack for $20 recently and they've run just fine in my SR-22 and CZ Kadet.

·
Registered
246 Posts
same thing that GeraldMD said, saw a lot of bad reports on the 525 packs, I have not had any failures in either one of my .22. It does burn a little dirty but I clean my firearms every outing so it is really not a big deal. No FTF or FTE yet in almost 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have 2 pistols and 2 rifles that I have shot a lot, using Golden Bullets. I have killed a lot of small game with the GBs.

Out of about 2,000 rounds fired I've had 3 rounds that did not fire. Two of them fired on the second try. The 3rd would not fire after 5 tries. Pretty good for inexpensive .22 hp ammo.

Just my not so humble opinion :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you guys thinking for the thunderbolt? Those are problems. The bucket o bullets are fine I have gone threw a few buckets :D

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
The Bucket O" Bullets are good bulk ammo. The only problem that I have run into is there a little "dirty" compared to match ammo. Just have to keep the gun lubed a little more...

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have had pretty good luck with the Win. 333 & 555 ammo. I might have had six bad rounds in a box but for the most part they shot okay. I have maybe 2000 rounds of them. For just plinking or target shooting they work for me. I haven't found a bulk box of Federal in ages.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ha my experience with any Remington .22s is that you can't even get it to work in a bolt gun...

Seriously though, I've never had a gun that shot Remington or CCI .22s worth a crap. I'll take those Winchester 333s or any Federal .22s and know I can shoot all day any day with no troubles...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I shot Remington Golden Bullets by the thousands for years with no problem except for a few FTF. When the ammo demand went up with the rise and shine of Obama, their ammo got a little sad. They have replaced or paid me for bad 22 ammo I think four times and paid for damage on 2 guns. They were very good about taking care of me. I had ammo with a high rate of fail to fire, some with to much powder, and some that were blowing out the rim. At this time I buy and shoot whatever I can find. including Remington, except Thunderbolts, which I would not shoot except to maybe hope to save a life if I had nothing else. If I have a choice, which isn't a given at this time, I will shoot Federal bulk pack.. I do shoot a lot of Federal Match ammo in the white bulk pack, but that doesn't work in all revolvers. I have a 317 S&W that locks up the cylinder with that ammo. The back of the case poofs out and stops the action. Seems to work OK in all my other Rugers and Smiths.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts