SR22 Recoil Rod&Spring

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by ScottyShooter, Apr 20, 2013.

1. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

While looking for a recoil rod & spring for my Walther PK380, I came across a replacement rod & spring (1 piece contained spring) for my SR22 from Galloway thru Amazon for 22 bucks plus shipping. Went ahead and ordered it to see if it will work better than the spring & rod assembly
    standard in the gun.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Let us know how that works out...

3. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Galloway has a good reputation when it comes to upgrading your Ruger pistol. I was looking at their recoil springs and other upgrades for my SR40c just waiting for the ghost trigger bars and extended mag release buttons to come back in stock so I don't pay shipping more then once. They just moved to a bigger facility and working hard on getting production back to normal.

4. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but new rod/spring assembly fit in perfectly. Seems to be a little bit stiffer spring. Will head to range Monday.

5. giturgun

giturgun New Member

I got 1 a few days ago and the short follower that changes the mags from factory 10 rounders to 13 rounds. Both work perfect. I also upgraded my lc9 to with the ss rod and 20 pound spring

6. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

Finally got to range today to try out new recoil rod/spring assembly from Galloway Precision, worked out just fine, seemed like a little better action than with factory set.

7. morph860

morph860 New Member

I have the Galloway Precision guide rod as well. I had a few FTE's with the stock setup. All good since the upgrade. Easier to disassemble now too. Nice having the contained spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

8. pearlygates

pearlygates New Member

Old thread.. I know, but the Galloway spring/rod might be the fix for my SR22.. gonna order today!

9. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

Let us know how it works for you

10. robshannon

robshannon sixtiesstill

Ordered my new guide rod for my Sr22 from Galloway, in the mail now waiting. The original plastic guide rod just doesn't feel right some how.

11. bonefamily

bonefamily New Member

Looking forward to hearing the new reports...

12. robshannon

robshannon sixtiesstill

Finally I got to the range today and fired my SR22 with the new Guide Rod from Galloway Precision, worked great no real issues, had one "failure to feed", reseated mag and that problem never returned. The SR22 is very accurate and I really did enjoy shooting it!

13. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member